Question about Pampered Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I have several of their cookbooks I've picked up at sales. Does anyone actually own any of their pieces if so which baking dishes do you own and why do you like them?
Another question......if I make the recipes using regular bakeware (example pyrex bakeware) do I need to do any adjusting in the cooking temp or time?

I have their small microwave vegetable steamer. I really like it. You can get about 3-4 good sized servings of a veggie in there. It's dishwasher safe. Essentially, it looks like a plastic pot with a snap on lid that has holes in it.

I have an orange peeler, too (a $.99 kind of thing), that works well but I never use it. It's just as easy to use my fingers.

Other than that, I've never been overly impressed with their stuff as opposed to any other manufacturer. It seems pricey to me.

Sizz, I've had several girlfriends who sold PC stuff for awhile, so of course I had to go to the parties, buy stuff.

Mostly I got the gadgets, but I do like their clayl oaf pan for baking breads or meat loaf. Also have their pizza stone, which can also be used for baking cookies, fish, etc.

The only thing I really haven't used is the wet/dry measuring cup thingy.

I never alter cooking temps/times using this stuff.

we have an overpriced zester, and an overpriced peeler, and an overpriced ice cream scoop that is filled with some nasa chemicals or something that keep it warm so it cuts thru the ice cream.

Have to agree on the prices of the stuff hawked at these home parties. That includes Pampered Chef, Southern Living, Tupperware, the candle people, et al., but most of all - Longanberger baskets. Ridiculous!

there was a time when I could not find quality kitchen tools and have several PC peices that I love. Now, some of those pieces are available locally and I would probably not buy PC products that I could get elsewhere - I have a couple of stones that I use infrequently cause of the weight - I liked the small pizza stone, but I broke it. as far as their recipes - I don't think you would have to change any of the cooking temps or times significantly.
That said, I've been invited to another PC party tomorrow and will probably try to buy something small - maybe something SIL would like for Christmas!

mudbug said:
Have to agree on the prices of the stuff hawked at these home parties. That includes Pampered Chef, Southern Living, Tupperware, the candle people, et al., but most of all - Longanberger baskets. Ridiculous!

Absolutely agree with you and Bucky on this point made. I have seen some lovely pieces, but I just could not accept the price. Thank heavens, my schedule pretty much exempts me from party invitations!

I never adjust my cooking times when using pyrex dishes...
I agree with the others....PC is over priced....how do you think they pay for the "hostess" gift....and your freind selling needs to be paid, and they have to make it look attractive to the people selling it...how else can you feel that you can lean on freindship and relatives....FOR MONEY...lol...duck when you see anyone selling vacums, knives, PC, or any other door to door items!!!!

Thanks everyone.......I value your opinion greatly.....I now feel confident to try out the recipes using my good ole pyrex dishes in place of theres :)

Stay clear of their pots and pans. Overpriced is an understatement and they are all nonstick. ICK! Save yer money and get some Stainless Steel! Buy right, buy once, pass it on to your grandkid's children.

Anyway, I have a few PC things. I have a weakness for anything not metal in the utensil department. I have like every spoon and stirrer thing made of bamboo or something that PC sells. Pretty darn hip. I also have AND LOVE their cookie batter / cake batter dishers. 3 sizes, all with the swipe release. Dig it!

RJ

Sizz, I have a small stoneware bar pan & a 9x9 square stoneware baking dish, both from Pampered Chef. I love them both. I do agree with the others here that they are overpriced. I have never had any problems with their recipes in other bakewear or had to change baking temp or time.

I've purchased lots of PC items, but it was mostly before you could find these items in other places. I've got about 8 stoneware pieces, and use them almost exclusively. They are heavy, but I always know they'll cook well. That said, I will say that it disgusts me that they say not to wash these items with soap. Like I am going to cook chicken, followed by a cake! I always wash them thoroughly! Also, the bundt pan (imho) is worthless. I've tried it 6 times, all with horrific sticking.
I love the family skillet....but - the glass lid (which I used often) popped loudly one evening, and when I looked at it, it looked like safety glass.
I was completely mad, because I'd just finished cooking 3 pounds of my special enchilada meat sauce...and there was broken glass possibly in it!
Sadly, I didn't have the receipt, as it was a gift. That's one good thing about the company - they will replace broken items, as long as you have a receipt. Same goes for the stoneware - send them a piece.

Thanks for the great insight everyone. I think I will just try the recipes in their cookbook in my own bakeware. Yes I agree the things are way over priced but somehow they still manage to get people to book parties and sell stuff............not me though

I had a lot of different friends through the years have PC parties - therefore I have had a few myself :oops: I have a TON of their clay stuff - large round pizza stone, rectangular flat stone, 9 x 13 casserole, 9 x 9 casserole, pie plate, loaf pan, both round bowls and both round lids or baking vessels in and of themselves, jelly roll pan,mmmmm.... there's probably more but i'm not going to look - and I do love them all. I don't have the new stuff that has the coating on the outside and then clay on the inside - they are all plain clay. I LOVE the way they clean up - VERY easy. I have a lot of their gadgets and like ??? said - I have a lot of their wooden spoons and other spoons - I use them all the time. I probably got most of my stuff free or reduced from having the parties though. BUT I do love it nonetheless. Yea, I'm not sure about their pots and pans either.

And the white spatula/spoons in every size come in extremely handy!!!!!

I absolutely despise "sales" "parties" of any kind. Why does a woman I barely know think she can invite me to her house to drink Koolaid and eat cookies and buy crap from her, when she wouldn't dream of inviting me to her house for a glass of wine and a great canape? AND I'm supposed to think it is fun? To sit and listen for hours about their children and grand children, and buy stuff?

That said, the one sister I have who likes to cook has loved their products, even though they were not cheap (and no, she doesn't sell it).

I absolutely despise "sales" "parties" of any kind. Why does a woman I barely know think she can invite me to her house to drink Koolaid and eat cookies and buy crap from her, when she wouldn't dream of inviting me to her house for a glass of wine and a great canape? AND I'm supposed to think it is fun? To sit and listen for hours about their children and grand children, and buy stuff?

This is precisely my problem with PC. And to top it off, if you go to a party you are badgered to have one of your own, and then once you order the consultant has your name and address. I got a constant stream of mail and calls.
I really do like their stuff, but because of the way it is sold I have asked in another thread for stoneware recommendations. If I decide to order PC, I think I will order from this link I got on another board, she does individual orders and since she is in another state probably won't be asking me to host a show. (http://www.pamperedchef.biz/chefkathi)

The only PC cookware I like and use is the loaf pans for bread not for quick breads just yeast breads Quick breads stick very bad. I have the pizza stone but have never used.

P. chef

I have a pie plate
two veggie peelers
and a cookie scoop

I love their stuff.

HI love what I have even though it is overpriced these days. I always keep my eyes peeled as it is much cheaper at GARAGE SALES and thrift shops. There is tons out there- most never even removed from packages-all those people who felt obliged to buy have to go somewhere with the items. Just my two cents BUT Worse than the obligatory buy something parties are the "book parties"- At least when I go to a party the hostess has to do something other than pass a book around and take orders!!!!! Like clean their kitchen. I can't stand "book parties" let me eat some fattening quick cooked food that I would never make and see the rep demonstrate some for their money! I couldn't live without my deep dish baker but I bought most of mine when no one else had the stoneware in my little neck of the woods. I can't imagine that it is any better than what is available at stores now. I have seen comparable products in the awful W place that I reluctantly frequent since they have what I need under one roof! Have fun!!!!

ptr_hml said:
HI love what I have even though it is overpriced these days. I always keep my eyes peeled as it is much cheaper at GARAGE SALES and thrift shops. There is tons out there- most never even removed from packages-all those people who felt obliged to buy have to go somewhere with the items. Just my two cents BUT Worse than the obligatory buy something parties are the "book parties"- At least when I go to a party the hostess has to do something other than pass a book around and take orders!!!!! Like clean their kitchen. I can't stand "book parties" let me eat some fattening quick cooked food that I would never make and see the rep demonstrate some for their money! I couldn't live without my deep dish baker but I bought most of mine when no one else had the stoneware in my little neck of the woods. I can't imagine that it is any better than what is available at stores now. I have seen comparable products in the awful W place that I reluctantly frequent since they have what I need under one roof! Have fun!!!!

lol! I wasn't going to say anything, but...I got my Pampered Chef stoneware bakers and pans in thrift shops also.

Back
Top Bottom