Tips: Polish your stainless steel with Evoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sagittarius

Senior Cook
I had been advised by a dear executive Pastry Chef friend to polish my stainless Steel Antique Credenza with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

I was quite surprised when he had told me this. However, I went ahead to do so ..

Then wiped it with paper towelling and buffed it with a Micro Fiber cloth.

It has had amazing results.

So, throw away your comercial polishes ..

Does has anyone else tried this with their stainless steel cutlery or other ítems made of this metal ?

Have a nice day ..

Life is too short to polish my stainless steel, sorry

But I don't have SS appliances

And I'm not certain if they recognize organic versus nonorganic oil

Credenza? You have a Stainless Steel credenza? My Mom had a mahogany credenza that was part of her dining room suite. It's the sideboard where we stored the table linens and good silverware, along with other things. I have no idea what kind of credenza you might be polishing. Could you perhaps post a photo? I would be interested in seeing what a European credenza looks like.

I find WD-40 un-grimes my stainless perfectly. I don't care if the stainless shines, but I do like it clean without streaks.

Princess Fiona

I find WD-40 un-grimes my stainless perfectly. I don't care if the stainless shines, but I do like it clean without streaks.

What exactly is W.D. 40 ?

Could this be purchased online ?

The Evoo does not leave streaks at all ..

I was very suprised that the Evoo was so efficient and excelled in its job ..

Cooking Godess,

It is an Art Deco era piece, documented and it is from an old restaurant re-storer ..

The piece is a " low boy " with 2 cabinet doors and was used in a restaurant to store table linens, etcetra ..

The Chef was going to get rid of it, and we took it ! Not totally knowing where we would put it or how to clean it up !

Have a lovely day ..

I had a heck of a time getting my new stainless steel fridge to look nice. My cats seem to love it!! One stands up puts her feet on the freezer draw and looks inside the fridge when it's open. Another loves to sit on top. Reminds me of Snoopy doing his vulture impersonation.

IMG_2492.JPG

LOTS of feet prints. Nothing got it nice and clean. UNTIL I used white vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean then wiped down with canola oil wipe all excess oil off. Looks beautiful no prints no streaks.

Last edited:
20JY59_SS01_R01_C01

Wd 40 isn't motor oil

Its a spray lubricant for basically household (not industrial) use

It has a million uses!

Oh yeah got confused. (10W-40 motor oil?) Sorry. Hub keeps both together. He used it to clean something under the hood.

All the comments on stainless appliances are exactly why I have never had nor will I ever have stainless appliances in my kitchen. The sink is problematic enough for me. Just give me good old crisp white appliances and I'm a happy camper.

I can't imagine what my life would've been with stainless when I was raising 8 children.

I would also use WD40. Here are some other uses for it Sag. I'm sure it's sold all over the world. Interesting that it's primarily made of fish oil.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you.
When you read the “shower door” part, try it. It’s the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It is a miracle!
1. Then try it on your stovetop.. Voila! It’s now shinier than it is ever been. You will be amazed.
2. Here are some of the uses:
3. Protects silver from tarnishing.
4. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
5. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
6. Gives floors that ‘just-waxed’ sheen without making it slippery.
7. Keeps flies off cows.
8. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
9. Removes lipstick stains.
10. Loosens stubborn zippers.
11. Untangles jewelry chains.
12. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks. Cleans the fronts of Stainless steel appliances (have personally seen the employees of Lowes use it on their appliances in the store to keep them new looking)
13. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
14. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
15. Removes tomato stains from clothing
16. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
17. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
18. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
19. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
20. Gives a children’s play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.
22. Rids kid’s rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes splattered grease on stove.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve Arthritis pain.
37. Florida’s favorite use is: “cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.”
38. The favorite use in the state of New York — WD-40 protects the Statue of
Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it is a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using Some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you’ve discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and re-wash. Presto! Lipstick is gone!
43. If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap, it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
44. It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring. It doesn’t seem to harm the finish and you won’t have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
45. Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly! Use WD-40!
P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
I'm with the pigeons. I hate the smell of WD-40. I can't imagine rubbing it on anything in my kitchen.

I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances, but that's what I have. I just ignore the streaks.

WD-40 is motor oil.

WD 40 is a lightweight lubricant Often used as a rust preventative. I don't think it's ever used as a motor oil.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't available worldwide.

Among other things, WD-40 is good as a penetrating oil, freeing up sticky parts or corroded nuts and bolts. It is not a great lubricant, and it can actually gum up some things. People spray it in locks all the time, then wonder why it's so hard to turn the key... it loosens them up for awhile, then starts to dry out and collect a little dirt and it just goes downhill from there. Sometimes the only cure is a complete cleaning and proper dry lubricant.

As far as stainless, we have none. That was a decision we made as we replaced appliances in the kitchen. It's to much of a hassle to keep looking clean. Our last two appliances are slate. I think it looks better than stainless, and it doesn't hold fingerprints. Our fridge and dishwasher are both slate, the range is basic white - all are GE.

I'm with the pigeons. I hate the smell of WD-40. I can't imagine rubbing it on anything in my kitchen.

I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances, but that's what I have. I just ignore the streaks.

I agree, the stuff really stinks. Must be the fish oil.
I'm sure any odorless oil would work, not just "organic extra virgin olive oil"! :rolleyes:

As far as stainless, we have none. That was a decision we made as we replaced appliances in the kitchen. It's to much of a hassle to keep looking clean. Our last two appliances are slate. I think it looks better than stainless, and it doesn't hold fingerprints. Our fridge and dishwasher are both slate, the range is basic white - all are GE.

I also am very glad to have both my GE stove and dishwasher in the slate color. It's both beautiful and hassle free.

I enjoy my SS appliances, and don't find them all that difficult to keep clean. I use a white vinegar solution for cleaning and it works great. If you really feel the need to polish appliances, there are a lot of different options for oil to use. A few drops of baby oil on a soft cloth works just as well as anything.

Organic EVOO? That's for salads. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom