What cooking stuff did Santa bring--2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I got a good, aluminum pizza peel. Now, I can toss (perhaps burn) the crappy wooden one I've been fighting with for a few years.

CD

Nice, Princess!

I received a nice assortment of cookie cutters from my friend Jennifer. They're in a really cute tin box from Lenox, and there's one for pretty much every holiday. Guess I need to get to bakin' some cute little cookies in 2019! :chef:

Last edited:
This will be here Friday, I got it for myself with my gift cards.
Ooo, coffee! Starbucks ain't got nothin' on you!

We do practical gifts. I got a fancy practical gift from the kids - a beautiful olive wood salt cellar, and some Maldon salt. Except my Kosher salt will be going into the cellar. IMG_20181225_231757519.jpg

Christmas gifts

Looks like you scored big.

I have that exact same roasting rack/pan. I live alone, so I never use it. I could have given you mine. :LOL:

Some advice on silicone spatulas... don't use one to push veggie scraps into the disposal. Just trust me on that one. :angel:

CD

You made out like a bandit, as my mom would have said!

Looks like you scored big.

I have that exact same roasting rack/pan. I live alone, so I never use it. I could have given you mine. :LOL:

Some advice on silicone spatulas... don't use one to push veggie scraps into the disposal. Just trust me on that one. :angel:

CD

Yes I did. I love them all.
I don't have a disposal so I'm safe. I HATE no stick pans they always peel. NOT good when you want to make pan gravy. So I asked for a large stainless roaster w/rack.

Last edited:
Well Well, msm, someone must have been a very good girl this year!

:ohmy: CG, I am seriously lusting over that beautiful olive wood salt cellar!

I’m sinning. I covet that salt cellar!
Amazon, I believe. All I remember is that Loverly told me to send emails of gift suggestions for Himself and me. I think the salt cellar is from an Amazon page.

FWIW, Himself seemed rather please with the set of Channellock Pliers that Loverly bought at Lowe's. Seems the two of us love our "work" toys!

I got a Chef's Choice Trizor XV knife sharpener, a new Lodge cast iron pan ( a small one to take camping), an assortment of Stonewall Kitchens mustards, and another Stonewall Kitchens assortments of preserves.

I also was very happy to get a Hickory Farms gift set of cheese, crackers, mustard, and summer sausages. It brought a tear to my eye thinking about my dad. My son saw me and said we'll have it this weekend to carry on the tradition together.

I got a Chef's Choice Trizor XV knife sharpener, a new Lodge cast iron pan ( a small one to take camping), an assortment of Stonewall Kitchens mustards, and another Stonewall Kitchens assortments of preserves.

I also was very happy to get a Hickory Farms gift set of cheese, crackers, mustard, and summer sausages. It brought a tear to my eye thinking about my dad. My son saw me and said we'll have it this weekend to carry on the tradition together.

I have had a Chef's Choice sharpener similar to yours for 20 years, and it does a great job. I hope you like yours, too.

I used to get Hickory Farms Beef Stick every year for xmas, but the brand doesn't seem to be available anymore down here. I haven't seen it at least ten years.

That reminds me, I need to stop at Woody's Smokehouse on the drive back to Dallas, and get some kind of smoked meat. Besides tasting good, it is right in the middle of that horrible five hour drive home.

CD

Since I retired I've been adding to and upgrading cooking stuff during sales, so at this point there isn't anything else I could use. DD gave me a nice bottle of cognac, but that's for the cook, not the food!

Stonewall Kitchens stuff has gotten a lot more expensive over the last 10 - 15 years. They have a factory outlet store in Rochester, NH, which is about 30 min. from here. It's a 2 mile detour off the route we take to visit some friends up in the Lakes Region, so we drive by on a regular basis. They sell overstocks, products nearing best by dates, imperfect products (like the wrong distribution of fruit in preserves), etc. at significantly discounted prices. You never know what you will find (kind of like TJ Maxx or Marshalls). Twice a year they have an additional 25% off the already discounted prices. This past Columbus Day sale I picked up quite a few items. They were selling a organic honey miso grilling sauce that accidentally had some non-organic ingredient in it, and the final price was $0.75 per bottle. Most of the other items were at least 50% off.

75 cents? wow, that's a steal. I'm paying upwards of $9 for a bottle. Then add shipping.

My favorites of theirs is the curried mango sauce, and the Maine maple champagne mustard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom