What Cooking Stuff Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PastaKing

Senior Cook
Do you guys find that you ask people for cooking things around christmas time? I for one don't have alot from Pampered Chef. I really don't like the products. However, as far as everything else goes, lol, I have TONS!! I am loaded with pans and pots, and I have a gadget for everything. I STILL don't have enough.

Over the weekend we went to Sears to get our taxes done. I HAD to stop by the cooking ware section, and yes, I bought another pan. My wife can't seem to understand it, so i kinda tell her it's like her and shoes. Then she understands lol.

I have been getting into cuting boards. I have a nice big thick wooden one, but I have about 4 plastic ones.

I have a bowl fetish - I LOVE bowls! Nesting bowls (especially if they are different colors), large bowls from Italy, just bowls...........I have no room left - I had to finally give a bowl away! :(

Oh, man, why'd you ask this question?:mad: You're a big meanie.

No, never mind. I love so many cooking toys, I can't settle on just ONE thing. I love gadgets and nifty appliances and I'm blessed because we have a couple of really great thrift stores that ALWAYS have a treat for me when I visit. Gotten some really awesome things over the years.

I like the cookware sections too. I have a lot of stuff too, all kinds of baking pans and gadgets.

pots and pans for every occasion...copper, enameled cast iron, raw cast iron, carbon steel, (a set of real "old" American made Calphalon in the basement which I'll use again when I can't lift the poans I have now!) even a soapstone pot from Brazil (a great bean pot!)

yes I understand..hey it's legal, right?

SS copper bottom, iron skillets, Chicago Cutlery make up most of what I have. Would love to get a good food processor soon.

Omigosh! How could I forget!!!!! I'm a dishware junkie. I don't know how many different sets of dishes we have. First, we have three different patterns/makers of antique/vintage china. Then, there's the assortment of contemporary tableware I have that I use to "set the scene," if you get what I mean.

After all that, there are all the clear glass pieces I have in at least 4 person settings. Dinner plates, luncheon plates, soup/dessert, etc. bowls, shrimp cocktail pieces, you name it.

Hmmm. There's a lot more, but if I post any more, Buck will find out and I'll be "cut off.":ohmy::ohmy:

I have a thing for trays and platters. I love them. I use them, too. Anytime anyone eats someplace other than the dining table, I have the perfect tray for whatever they are having. And Fisher (who's 5) always uses a tray with high sides so that if he spills or dribbles or drops, it's easy to clean up. Trays are my passion.

But I have a very healthy attachment to shoes, too, PastaKing!

Aw Man, PastaKing, Pampered Chef is a wonderful thing and offering more and more for the serious cook. Wouldn't wanna be without my stoneware, or my cookware (both non-stick and stainless pieces) for that matter! Also have an old copper bottom set, a few pieces of cast iron, a Le Creuset oval casserole, some stock pots and essentials from my parents' restaurant, and a few different cutlery lines. And let's not forget pottery collections, Grandma's Currier & Ives ... love dishes, you name it, I got it. DH and girls got me the coolest immersion blender for Christmas and I'm currently lobbying for a new food processor.

My favorite? My 4.5 quart satin copper Kitchen Aid ... if only I could afford that 6 quart monster at Williams Sonoma, but $900! **choke**

ok...i must admit...
i'm a compulsive buyer of glasses mugs and coffee cups.
i love them so much...
about pans and cooking toys i have not so many because i have no room enough, but the last madness is a waffle maker (never used still:cool:) and i love so much also biscuits cutters...:cool::cool:

My weakness is stainless All-Clad and enameled cast iron, especially Staub, and cookbooks. I haven't been really cooking that much so it's strange that I have all this, but I want it---AND it makes me very happy.

Does anyone know the rhyme or reason behind cookware junkie-dom? Why do we want all this, and why does it make us happy. THAT I'm still trying to figure out.

ok...i must admit...
i'm a compulsive buyer of glasses mugs and coffee cups.
i love them so much...
about pans and cooking toys i have not so many because i have no room enough, but the last madness is a waffle maker (never used still:cool:) and i love so much also biscuits cutters...:cool::cool:
I forgot coffee mugs! I love them, too, and have way too many to keep in the cupboard at any one time. I have to rotate them periodically.

Women never have enough shoes.
Men never have enough tools.
Children never have enough toys.
Cooks never have enough stuff, either - and seldom have enough space to store all that they already have!

I'm constantly faced with the problem of seeing something I could use for something, something I would like to have for some reason, but faced with the reality of - Where would I put it if I had it and how often would I really use it?

Last edited:
Women never have enough shoes.
Men never have enough tools.
Children never have enough toys.
Cooks never have enough stuff, either - and seldom have enough space to store all that they already have!

I'm constantly faced with the problem of seeing something I could use for something, something I would like to have for some reason, but faced with the reality of - Where would I put it if I had it and how often would I really use it?

Ha totally true. I promised myself to acquire nothing as I am renovating my new house and everything is in storage. (I moved on with almost nothing of my own and was used to having a fully stocked high end kitchen DeMeyere LeCreuset Whustoff and all sorts of $$$ stuff)

While I miss the fancy stuff my personal taste runs to the vintage. Free of Mrs Fussysnob I couldn't resuist the urge to acquire (and dredge up the old inherited stuff) things that were more "Me" so now I am like a junkie filling my storage unit and stuffing the litte kitchen I am about to demo with stuff trading things out of storage etc.

I have a utilitarian set of muticlad cuisinart saucepans and skillets that I bought used and feel free to abuse without repercussion but I love the vintage stuff the most. I have some quite large old farberware pots and a bunch of vintage pyrex and corningware bowls and bakeware. I have 3 Griswold cast iron skillets that are battered but really sweet anyway. A couple grill pans (Lodge and LC) and a handful of old knives (a bunch of old Chicago Cutlery and some hefty antique carbon steel one of which is a Sabatier)

Nothing I have was expensive and none of it is really high end but It all has a purpose and it is all durable. I will probably fill in the middle with a couple good SS pieces and I really miss the LC so when I have the dough I will get some of that but my goal is to have a lot of different and unfussy things. My kitchen is tiny in an 1800s rowhouse so I while I love to have lots of toys they have to be utilitarian to justify thier existance. Just cant wait to have the kitchen done so I can play will all of them.

The sad cheapo Ikea pots that were supposed to get me through the renovation have been turned into dogbowls where the perform nicely.

I like to buy expensive cookware 2nd hand from thrift shops and garage sales.

I am a sucker for kitchen equipment, and I need a 12 step program.

A more appropriate question (for me) would be "What cooking stuff DON'T I have?"

I am kinda iffy on used dishes and cookware. Don't ask me why, it's just a hangup. I realize it makes absolutely no sense, and don't think less of anybody who does use it, I am just plain wierd. I can't even use my late grandmother's china, that's how crazy it is. Now if it were passed directly to me by someone, that might be different, but this changed hands a couple of times before it got to me. Why should that matter? I have no idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom