What did Santa bring ya?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Santa DH was very very good to me this year :) He gave me a 13-piece set of Calphalon cookware, which came with a BONUS 10-QUART DUTCH OVEN - criminy, we're only two people! (I think we're going to try to sell it on craigslist and use the money toward the Le Creuset Dutch oven I really want.) He also gave me an iPod Touch; a Celtic knot pendant; "The Best International Recipe: A Home Cook's Guide to the Best Recipes in the World," from the American Test Kitchen; the sequel to the book "Wicked"; a set of Le Creuset berry-shaped stoneware dishes; and a set of 4-oz. (or so) Le Creuset ramekins.

I also received a paella pan complete with saffron, short-grain rice, and Spanish olive oil; a fundraiser cookbook from a senior center where my dad lives; a bottle of roasted garlic olive oil; and a Le Creuset baking dish. After being in the hospital five times in the past year, I guess people felt I needed some cheering up ;) So I'm a very happy cook this year :)

Merry Christmas, everyone :santa:

It was definitely a kitchen Christmas for me!
Misto oil sprayers, spatulas, Thai Cook book, set of Henkel paring knives,
some bowls, chopsticks, tongs x 3, flavored oils, some spices, good munchie
foods, some microbrews.....

Thank you Santa! :)

CherryRed, I love the shirt! :)

I got a 12" skillet with a lid, a George Foreman grill, a stand mixer, a jewelry box (my boyfriend admitted last night that he was thinking about putting a ring in there and proposing that way, but he didn't), a video game, and plenty of candy from my boyfriend. Our families mainly gave us cash, so we're planning on buying a Wii with it if we can find one.

Ah, Angie! Buck and I have 3 of those measuring cups. We lovingly call them the "holy" measuring cup because we use them for EVERYTHING. Also, we have two Rada knives and LOVE them. They are the two knives we reach for automatically. Enjoy!
What is it about those measuring cups, Katie? Maybe it's the cool handle but whatever it is, I have quite a few, including the 4qt I recently got. I actually have so many because my sons like to use them as cereal bowls!

I've never heard of Rada knives but I'll be looking for them now.

Santa was very good to me also. I got a new office chair, 4 cookbooks, RAM for my computer, a cute little portable USB drive, and a new digital camera.

I got a nice Black Henley shirt which I promptly ruined with bleach when I was sanatizing my kitchen sponge :( :( :(
Oh man, this is so not funny when this happens. Here's a hint - black Sharpie marker. It may not match perfectly but it will definitely be better than the bleach spots.. I hope this isn't all Santa left you.

No kitchen gadgets. Have everything I need. Flat screen TV, wireless laptop & extra battery, cordless phone/answering machine, suede coats (tan & steel grey), and suede jackets...

(The color is more like Lapis Blue)​

(To match my boots)​

(Cause girls just wanna have fun, lol)​

The people that I am closest to, I much prefer spending time with - getting together for lunch etc. No gifts are necessary.​

Last edited:
Aluminum sheet pans, ladle set, strainer, pizza pans, All Clad 2qt saucier w/lid, Calphalon 8qt DO....ummmm...olive oil........and a Lodge grill pan.

The smallwares were from BigTray.com. Don't let the prices fool you, they are great quality as long as you can sacrifice looks.

Last edited:
:)DH and I didn't do gifts this year we neither want nor need anything.But he has commited to me a new couch a while ago I just cant decide what I want yet.I made lots of treats and bought german xmas chocolates put them in pretty tins with ribbon and a xmas ornament on the top.We distributed them to various friends on the ranch.That was fun for me as no one was expecting anything from us because usually Im in Texas working xmas.

Last edited:
:)DH and I didn't do gifts this year we neither want no need anything.But he has commited to me a new couch a while ago I just cant decide what I want yet.I made lots of treats and bought german xmas chocolates put them in pretty tins with ribbon and a xmas ornament on the top.We distributed them to various friends on the ranch.That was fun for me as no one was expecting anything from us because usually Im in Texas working xmas.
A new couch sounds like a great gift! I love my slip-covered couches and my leather one. Great for pets (and perpetually dirty little boys).

A new couch sounds like a great gift! I love my slip-covered couches and my leather one. Great for pets (and perpetually dirty little boys).
Im definately getting leather but need to figure out how to not let cats use it as a scratching post.It seems cats love new leather furniture

I got a Cuisinart Chefs Classic SS 10-pc set, some misc kitchen utensils, 3 Food network mixing bowls, random pyrex stuff, a car cover and some other small stuff. I am trying to build a useable kitchen so it helped a lot :)

I got one of those "as seen on TV" Magic Bullet blenders. I think I'd rather have gotten an immersion blender, but far be it from me to look a gift appliance in the mouth.

I got an air compressor, fondue pot, a collapsible snow shovel for my truck, cedar candle, sweatshirt, cereal bowls (my old one's had chips in them), and hand lotion. I got two fondue pots, so I am going to return one and get a mandolin. I also asked for a stockpot and got a set of 4 of them. I am going to return the set and try to find a single large stockpot.

But the main thing is I got to spend a nice day with my family.

I received a new cookbook, "Chez Jacques," which is a sort of combined autobiography/cookbook by Jacques Pepin. Lots of interesting discussion in it regarding "taste memory," versus simply following a recipe verbatum. Also received a new automatic watch, that winds itself... see attached.

Attachments

• OrientWatch.jpg
    OrientWatch.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 215
Back
Top Bottom