What's next on your wishlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think I need one as well.

I missed that and usually watch it! But there's also one being used right now on Easy Entertaining / Chiarello.

I think I am doing pretty good on my wishlist - over the last year or so hubby has managed to get me the KA food processor, the 3 cup KA chopper, KA blender I wanted along with a NICE set of knives and then just the other day we found a set of the cheaper wolfgang puck knives at Sam's club (for him to use - hehe) and the only thing that I can really think of that I want is a NICE set of pots and pan. Not sure what brand/type yet. I am too much of a comparison shopper. I really like the KA products (have a stand mixer that was my wedding gift from him) but not their pots and pans/bakeware. I am looking at the calphalon since I really do like their bakeware but I don't have any experience (as of yet) with their cookware.

i'm still waiting to buy a large stainless steel sautee pan. i'd like the 6qt. all clad, but $200+ seems ridiculous.

going on vacation next week, and have friends visiting from california staying in the city. i might be able to get dw to talk me into going shopping in the city, during which we happen to stop at a restaurant supply store.

boy is she gonna owe me bigtime for this one! shopping in the city on my vacation...geez!:) he he he...

I'd like a whole new kitchen in a new house and a set of copper pans (I really want copper pans, I just love the way they look). Until we get the house the top of my wishlist right now is a Gaggia Ice cream maker and a really strong meat grinder...the meat grinder because I have just found out my cat is allergic to every cat food I cn get in UK and I am going to have to start cooking for her myself. Cooking for your cat is a really desperate move to fill cooking urges!

I just want some selves or racks for the kitchen now to store some of those bowls. And an extra 5-qt. mixing bowl for the K'Aid K5SS Stand Mixer. That's it.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
If I could only get one thing, all of the rest would fall into place . . . . .

A winning Power Ball Ticket (meaning the whole enchilada, not just a couple numbers).

I could then buy a house that has enough storage for all of the items on my wish list (since storage is a BIG, well, little, or both, problem now). I could get my own K'Aid Stand Mixer since Mrs. Big Dog is reluctant to share (I'd get the attachments of course too). Stainless steel, gas range, convection oven, maybe an indoor grill (if the winnings were enough, I could install a ventalation system for a grill!).

Yup, for the want of one winning Power Ball ticket . . . . . . . . :king:

I think I am going to break down and buy a rotisserie. A neighbor lady made a lamb roast (or something) in hers, and it was yummy!

img_285906_0_dc0f28356fe9fc562a4128726768f77f.jpg

Country Living Grain Mill
For grinding wheat of course. I'd get one for dry corn first but haven't found the right one yet.​

All wonderful wishes--hope that they come true one day.
My wish is to move away from the Gulf Coast with the ever present danger of hurricanes coming our way. We were lucky this last round though we've kept all the emergency supplies in our dining room. In the meantime I would love to have a clay oven to bake pizzas, pita bread, etc.

My place is a commercial kitchen, and really I have all I need. But when we sell, I am going to get new best of everything. But will prob. have to redesign the kitchen first. Two essentuals are a LARGE pantry, and LARGE china pantry. With built in shelves.

I wish I had the apartment downstairs on the third floor because it has a pantry off from the kitchen. But it costs more a month, so that's out.

There are only two things that I want - a large wooden cutting board and a potato ricer.

I've been looking at those two pots that Rachel Ray uses on her show. They look real nice. But they are Telfon-coated and expensive! But I might get them somewhere down the road.

Don't think I'll need any more bowls.

~Corey123.

Well, I'll sure agree with the winning lottery ticket. I think that's always at the TOP of the list.

What I would really like though, is to be able to settle on a design for the new kitchen. We've decided to do a major renovation on the back of our house and add some additional space. It's still a ways off, depending on the quotes we can get and so on, but to get those we need to finalize a floorplan. We haven't been able to settle on something that we like/think would work, and keep some of the features that make the house unique.

John

Don't bother with the little frou-frou creme brulee torches--just go to the hardware store and buy a plumbing torch. One quarter the price, and the tank will last forever.

Doesn't look quite as pretty, but you can use it to fix your plumbing, too.

baking fool said:
i think i'm finally going to get a serious little mixer because i think everyone would cook more if we had one. it would make things so much easier. i know i'd make bread practically every day & work through every recipe (except ones w/mushrooms) my baking books cover-to-cover if i had one. i'm spoiled at work where i use a mixer that can handle ~50kg of dough. :-p when we move to a bigger location soon we'll have a 160kg diosna mixer also. it's practially a bathtub for mixing dough in. anyway i was thinking of this bare-bones kitchenaid which would be plenty imo:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004SGFW.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

books on my list include all the rest of peter reinhart's bread books and.... not sure what else :-p
That is the mixer I have! It's great. I have plenty of toys now. Except of course for a large pot (5 qt+). I really need to get into my cookbooks and practice technique. No excuses!

I should mention that we just got a new fridge and oven, and gas grill so the kitchen is in good shape.

Last edited:
Next, I'd like to purchase an enameled cast iron pot approx 10 qts. such as Le Crueset (spelling?) and a stainless 10" skillet.
Of course a new deck on the back of my house with a hot tub for my old bones would be nice also:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom