Any good fajita marinade recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my new favorite. I use it on fish and chicken. It's good for a pound and a half of meat/seafood. If you're marinating seafood, only let it sit for a half hour to an hour.

Chili-Lime Marinade
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Yes I did get one not too long ago. My last online order was probably more than a year ago. I have been going to their actual store lately. I think I am placing an online order any day though.

:)
Beer Marinade {really good}
3 cups beer
8 scallions minced
2/3 cup oil
6 TBL brown sugar
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp salt
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 pinches ginger
6 TBL soy sauce

Marinate flank steak 24 hours

For chicken breast or pork tenderloin, I use evoo, crushed garlic, white wine, lime juice, freshly and coarsely ground red pepper (not chili, but proper peppercorn with a bright crimson colour. They have a wonderful distinct aroma, but if this can not be found, black pepper, also freshly and coarsely ground would do), a dash of dried herb mix for grilling and a drop of stubb's hickory smoked flavour. (not necessary if you are using a proper BBQ grill to cook the meat)

When I do the prawns, I don't bother with marinade, I just grill them with evoo, garlic, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon.

3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup of cilantro finely chopped
1 jalapeno finely chopped
zest of two limes
juice of two limes
1/2 cup of olive or canola oil
salt to taste
1 tsp of freshly roasted and ground cumin powder
1/2 tsp of freshly roasted and ground ancho chilli powder

This marinade goes well with shrimp, chicken or beef. I like to marinate my meat atleast for two hours or more (except for the shrimp) prior to grilling it.

Back
Top Bottom