Embarrassingly Easy Marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
French Dressing

That's it! My aunt had told me about this so I marinated last night's steak in half a bottle of French Dressing. It marinated for several hours and tasted so good! Almost a sweet and sour type of flavor. Plus, the sugar in the dressing helped give the outside of the steak a nice crisp, carmelization. We'll be trying it on pork tenderloin next!

oh boy, KISS - isn't that wonderful to find such a simple idea so tasty!!!

May I add that when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to make a BBQ sauce or no commercial in the house, I love to grab any jam or jelly in the fridge and use that for 'slathering' on whatever meat is on the grill.

PA Baker said:
French Dressing

That's it! My aunt had told me about this so I marinated last night's steak in half a bottle of French Dressing. It marinated for several hours and tasted so good! Almost a sweet and sour type of flavor. Plus, the sugar in the dressing helped give the outside of the steak a nice crisp, carmelization. We'll be trying it on pork tenderloin next!

any particular brand? straight french or catalina french? low sodium, regular...???

A number of years ago on a Saturday we had just purchased some shrimp and tossed them in the fridge, with no particular idea what we were going to do with them.

Without warning my mil and fil show up and want us to go with them for several hours.

We were going to be back late afternoon, so of course invited them for supper.

Decided on grilling stuff but they wanted us to join them PD and had little time to plan a menu.

So we tossed some bottled Italian dressing on the shrimp and went out.

Don't remember what else we made that evening, but the shrimp on the grill were great.

black chef said:
any particular brand? straight french or catalina french? low sodium, regular...???

I used the Wish Bone light French (not Catalina), but I think you could probably use any old French dressing. I'd avoid the fat free, though.

I recall that my college roommates and I did that when we went camping in Yosemite about 40 years ago. We also used some Italian dressing and marinated some of the lamb in French dressing, the rest in Italian dressing, and make kabobs over the fire. Easy often beats fancy, and besides, what doesn't taste good when it's cooked over a campfire?

Back
Top Bottom