Marinade for london broil? Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to use a simple vinaigrette but add a little soy sauce.

Whipped this one up a while ago...

Sweet and Spicy Marinade
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
3 TBSP Worchestershire Sauce
3 TBSP Lime Juice
1 TBSP Sriracha chili sauce
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
2 TBSP Garlic, minced

Mix well.

similar to GF above is this one, also good on pork chicken and seafood:

1 cup teriaki
juice 1 lime
1 tblspn each of chopped garlic ginger and brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili flakes

Worcestershire
olive oil
garlic
s & p
fresh lemon
balsamic

Or ANY of the above - you just can't go wrong with anything posted!

I use Italian dressing, let it marinade overnight if possible, and then grill it up, let it rest, then slice it thin and serve on garlic bread rolls that have been grilled.

I've never marinated London Broil. I just sprinkle liberally with a mixture of granulated onion, granulated garlic, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, then slap it on a preheated barbeque grill, turning once, until just about medium rare. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes, thinly slice across the grain, and WHOMP! there it is!

Just did this using the tri tip I bought, but a london broil would work too I think.
4 green onions, sliced
1 C soy
3 T sesame oil
1 T brown sugar
1 T fresh chopped ginger
4 large cloves garlic, minced
4" sprig Rosemary
mix all together, just drop in the sprig of Rosemary, put in a gallon zip bag and add the meat, refrig for as many hours as you have, I did 8 hours.

This is one I like -TNT. The dish is all inclusive, but you can eliminate the sides/veggies/pasta & just use the marinade.

London Broil

Last edited:
So, mine is marinating overnight in Grillin'Fool's sweet and spicy marinade. Question #1, for a novice should I try grilling on a grill-pan or broiling, which I've never done? #2, To broil, do I need a broiler pan, or can I do it in a cast skillet on top rack? I'm new at this.

So D_Bus,

How did this turn out?

I want to try this, but am still a bit confused on the cooking technique..

Eric, Austin Tx.

I broiled it and it turned out incredible! Had a nice crust, the inside was rare, and was a great combo of flavors from the marinade.

I use Italian dressing, let it marinade overnight if possible, and then grill it up, let it rest, then slice it thin and serve on garlic bread rolls that have been grilled.

The resident that does the grilling at our BBQs uses the Italian Bottled Dressing. He uses it for steak tips. Almost no one eats them. I think next summer I am going to suggest he try something new. It is so gross. But that is just my taste buds at work. :chef:

The resident that does the grilling at our BBQs uses the Italian Bottled Dressing. He uses it for steak tips. Almost no one eats them. I think next summer I am going to suggest he try something new. It is so gross. But that is just my taste buds at work. :chef:

My husband wants to marinate everything in either bottled Italian dressing or Dale's seasoning. I don't dislike either of them per se but I dont want to eat anything marinated in either one of them again :huh:

My husband wants to marinate everything in either bottled Italian dressing or Dale's seasoning. I don't dislike either of them per se but I dont want to eat anything marinated in either one of them again :huh:

My son-in-lw is like that. Refuses to try anything new. Another place I don't like to eat BBQ. :(

Back
Top Bottom