Marinade for prime rib

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These things go on sale around here for about $5.99 a pound, still pricey but when you compare it to a prime rib dinner at a restaurant it's cheaper to do
at home and the leftovers are divine!

Yep, "Prime Rib" is what put me over the edge. Wife an I went to the local 'in' place for prime rib with a group of people. For a couple days before going I had been telling myself I was going to cough up the $26. But when push came to shove I just couldn't do it. The more I tried saying the words to the waitress, 'I'll have the Prime Rib", the harder the deadly thoughts ran through my head:

I can make it better at home, I can make better sides at home, I can make it cheaper at home.... Better cooking, better meat, better sides, ... cheaper, at home, better, better, better ... at HOME. Better, BETTER, Overload! OVERLOAD!! DANGER Will Robinson, DANGER!!!! PFffffT .... Blew the fuse.

I tried looking at their less costly cuts, then the less costly dinners, but the desire to eat out was gone. And it never really returned. I think I had a shot, beer and an appetizer.

Back
Top Bottom