Urgent! Top Sirloin Marinade, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliceOlson

Assistant Cook
I've got a top sirloin in need of marinade, and I don't have 24 hours to do it. Can someone post a good 2- 4- or 6-hour marinade recipe?

Thanks, Alice Olson

Me again!

When I googled, it looks like most steaks benefit from overnight marinades, but in a pinch, you would still get nice flavor for 4-6 hour marinating. If you're really short on time, a nice dry rub will work well. Just be careful not to salt the meat until you're ready to cook it. The salt will pull all of the moisture out of the meat and make it tough if it sits.

Quick marinades:
Easy Steak Marinade. Try these homemade recipes for quick N easy steak marinades
Cooks.com - Recipe - Roast (Steak) Marinade

Peppery Garlic Beef Marinade

I have used this marinade on other steaks also and it turned out great.
Enjoy! Debbie

PEPPERY GARLIC BEEF MARINADE
img_550469_0_62fb3c4fdc52a3916b829ec6776b4c12.jpg

1 pound(s) TRI-TIP STEAK; Or Favorite Steak.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SEASONING SALT
1/4 teaspoon(s) RED PEPPER FLAKES; Crushed.
1/4 cup(s) WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
_____

Pierce steak with a fork.
In a sealable bag; combine garlic, seasoning salt, red pepper and Worestshire sauce, mix well.
Add steak, toss to coat; marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
Grill on BBQ to desired doneness.
_____

If I don't have time to properly marinade I go with a dry rub instead. Mostly just salt, pepper, garlic. But a quick one I will do is some Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and garlic. Then I add salt and pepper just before grilling. Sometimes if I really want to cheat I will keep some Montreal Steak Seasoning my McCormick on hand.

Another one I forgot is on some roasts I will use powdered onion soup mix, especially if I am making it in the slow cooker.

Here is one you can make at home and it uses pineapple juice, rum and ginger to give you a 'Caribbean' flare.

1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup rum
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
(optional) 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)

PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Pour marinade over steak and allow to marinade in refrigerator for 3-6 hours.

If you have some type of food vacuum sealing device (foodsaver, fresh va, reynolds, rival, etc), the marinating can be done in less than an hour.

I've got a top sirloin in need of marinade, and I don't have 24 hours to do it. Can someone post a good 2- 4- or 6-hour marinade recipe?

Thanks, Alice Olson

Luckily top sirloin doesn't need much. Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, fresh garlic if you have it. If not, powdered. If you have some Kitchen Bouquet rub the spices in with it. Terrific flavor.

Here's one:

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp crushed chili peppers
1 tsp minced ginger