In need of a mexican steak rub ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys!

So heres the deal; me and my friend are going to be cooking for his sisters baby shower. Its mexican themed and theres going to be about 40 people there. In short, i need a good, mexican style steak spice rub :). Ill be making my own mango salsa to top it. Please help me! :)

Thanks!!!!

I would season with salt and pepper, and then grill the steaks and top with a blended combination of onion, garlic, cilantro, fresh tomato, jalepino, and lime juice.

This will provide a great steak flavor along with the other flavors, which all compliment the beef. If you rub the meat with seasoning, then some of the beef flavor is lost. Think carne asada burritoes, but without chopping the steak. Or, you could chop the steak, add the other ingredients mentioned, and fill flour tortillas. That would be very tasty as well, if you don't mind rolling the buritoes.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Drummercook said:
Hey guys!

So heres the deal; me and my friend are going to be cooking for his sisters baby shower. Its mexican themed and theres going to be about 40 people there. In short, i need a good, mexican style steak spice rub :). Ill be making my own mango salsa to top it. Please help me! :)

Thanks!!!!

:ROFLMAO: This is great! I assume the shower will take place before the baby's birth. The mother-to-be must want to have the baby soon. There's nothing like some spicy Mexican food to get the ball a rollin'!

try buying some dried ancho or poblano chiles and processing them in a coffee grinder into a chili powder (without the seeds). Mix powder with some garlic powder, pepper and cinnamon. Rub into steaks, leave overnigght. season w salt before grilling.

Seven S said:
try buying some dried ancho or poblano chiles and processing them in a coffee grinder into a chili powder (without the seeds). Mix powder with some garlic powder, pepper and cinnamon. Rub into steaks, leave overnigght. season w salt before grilling.

Yeh, I'd suggest something along those lines too, but I have a point to make...:ohmy:

I, too, always thought that chilli/chile/hot pepper seeds were what made food HOT.

Wrong. The hottest part of the chile pepper is the vein ( or placenta) , closest to the top of the pod. The seeds are less than 1/10th of the strength. If you don't believe me, the next time you buy chiles, remove the seeds and grind them up . You'll be disappointed!

to Seven S's rub, I'd add a tiny bit of cocoa powder, a little cumin and some ground oregano.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom