Afghani Cilantro Chutney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maryamn

Assistant Cook
I just made Afghan style Cilantro Chutney and it turned out amazing, I looked at many recipes on the Internet and then selected my ingredients as I had a specific taste in mind, taste of the Chutney that they serve in a local Afghan restaurant.
I took 1 cup Cilantro leaves (we call it coriander in Pakistan) , 2 cloves of garlic, 2 green chilies, salt, 1 tbsp walnuts and 1/2 cup white vinegar and blended everything really well in an electric food processor. I didn't add sugar that was also suggested in some recipes.

After refrigerating it for 3 hours it looked and tasted almost like the chutney that I love to eat in a local Afghan restaurant. It was not as watery as that Chutney is but taste was really close. :glare:

I'm one of those people who adore the flavor of cilantro so thanks for this Maryamn. It sounds like a kind of pesto to me, without the oil. I assume you mean 1 cup of packed cilantro?
I'll be giving this a try for sure, and thank you.

A friend of mine from India makes a delish cilantro chutney. He just doesn't have a recipe! I made fiddlehead fern pesto last week. I roasted the walnuts and the fiddleheads. I like to add roasted/toasted nuts to these sorts of things.

I'm one of those people who adore the flavor of cilantro so thanks for this Maryamn. It sounds like a kind of pesto to me, without the oil. I assume you mean 1 cup of packed cilantro?
I'll be giving this a try for sure, and thank you.

Thanks Kayelle, I used fresh Cilantro leaves and roughly chopped those and those roughly chopped leaves were approximately 1 cup in quantity.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom