Atten: BACON lovers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with you. I'll go one step further and say it sounds downright gross. But reading some of the other posts, we're obviously in the minority. :rolleyes:

I thought I was going to be the only one that didn't like the sound of it, lol.

Addie, march on fellow bacon lover...march on!! LOL

It is surprisingly good. Think of onion jam, then add a bit of maple, (or honey or molasses) and then, wait for it, some lovely rendered bacon.

And to think, it could all be yours for $14 a 6 oz. jar on Amazon! I will make this again. The most work it involves is the length of cooking time and watchful stirring. It is really good with eggs.

I had some garlic marmalade once that was exquisite! Now I make onion marmalade all the time, I'm going to do the bacon jam.

Rocklobster said:
How about a Maple Bacon Ice Cream Sundae?

For fathers day, a restaurant I used to work at did a candied bacon sundae. It went over pretty well. Served with some pretzels and a drizzle of chocolate

I might just have to try that bacon maple sundae thing. That sounds neat!

Though I might try it as a chocolate bacon sundae thing, cause that sounds neater!

I think you all have been chuggin' lthat milk thingy. And you didn't even wait for me. That's okay. I gut my HIC own!:ohmy:

Kathleen said:
Maybe I will see bacon jam. I bought Frank a bacon of the month club subscription for one of his Christmas presents. :yum:

Mmmm...bacon of the month club!

I brought one of our teeny jars of bacon jam to Mexico. We had Christmas dinner with friends, and they couldn't get enough, with mustard, crackers, and cheese.

Last edited:
I brought one of our teeny jars of bacon jam to Mexico. We had Christmas dinner with friends, and they couldn't get enough, with mustard, crackers, and cheese.

Just crackers with cheese, bacon jam and mustard? I gotta admit, when I first heard of bacon jam, the thought was "How gross". But after hearing yours and others responses after trying it, it makes me want to give it a try. I'll have to watch for it at my local market. See if it ever makes it there.

Back
Top Bottom