Atten: BACON lovers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In some sick and twisted way, it is really quite good! It makes a surprisingly teeny amount after it cooks down. It's supposed to sleep in the fridge overnight, have the fat scraped off, then additional ingredients added and recooked. I have to smack DH's hand to keep him out of it.

I saw Slett's post a couple days ago mentioning bacon marmalade and thought, "what the ..?" Dawg's recipe report is churning my stomach, but... it's bacon, it can't go wrong, right?

Some friends of mine made chocolate chip cookies with bacon. They weren't awful, but in my opinion, it was a waste of bacon and of chocolate chip cookies. :ohmy:

Some people thought they were wonderful. :glare:

taxlady said:
Some friends of mine made chocolate chip cookies with bacon. They weren't awful, but in my opinion, it was a waste of bacon and of chocolate chip cookies. :ohmy:

Some people thought they were wonderful. :glare:

Now THAT'S disgusting! :LOL:

Buzzed the bacon jam in the food processer, put a lid on the pan, and scrounged a place for it in the fridge to rest overnight. Tomorrow it gets reheated, and gets something else done to it after I re-read the recipe.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Shrek says no way...it will be all mine!!!!

His loss! I wonder how it would be rolled up in Pillsbury Crescent Rolls?

His loss! I wonder how it would be rolled up in Pillsbury Crescent Rolls?

I want it on top of an English Muffin, covered with a poached egg and the dollop of jam on the top. I'm thinking it would also be good as a spread for French toast.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I want it on top of an English Muffin, covered with a poached egg and the dollop of jam on the top. I'm thinking it would also be good as a spread for French toast.

I would love to send little tasting spoons, like you get at the ice cream place, to everyone! As Cookie Monster would say, " It's a sometimes food!". Or whatever Cookie Monster would say.

Last edited:
I would love to send little tasting spoons, like you get at the ice cream place, to everyone! As Cookie Monster would say, " It's a sometimes food!". Or whatever Cookie Monster would say.

Is it feeling/tasting pretty rich? Maybe it would be better on baked brie on toast points. Little bits.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Is it feeling/tasting pretty rich? Maybe it would be better on baked brie on toast points. Little bits.

It's pretty rich. We shall see tomorrow when I add the rest of the stuff. So far, I'm not sure if anyone else is gonna get the second jar!

what's the term for cooking soming slowly in it's own fat?

i would imagine it would be like that. delicious nonetheless.

whenever i order an egg platter, i make little sammiches of egg and the meat (bacon, ham, taylor ham, etc.) on toast.

this stuff would be a perfect to spread on the toast.

does it taste like real bacon, or just bacon fat with bits of meat?

buckytom said:
what's the term for cooking soming slowly in it's own fat?

i would imagine it would be like that. delicious nonetheless.

whenever i order an egg platter, i make little sammiches of egg and the meat (bacon, ham, taylor ham, etc.) on toast.

this stuff would be a perfect to spread on the toast.

does it taste like real bacon, or just bacon fat with bits of meat?

I actually drained the bacon and poured off all but a T of the grease from the pan. It's not fatty at all. When I took it out of the fridge this morning, there was no congealed fat to scrape off. Has a rich taste all its own, with a nice "back of the throat" heat. We tried some on a bland WallyWorld sub, and it was really good!

I bet it would be great with the egg sammich, BT. I'm thinking it would be good on a burger too. Initially, I thought I put in too much garlic (I used 5 very plump cloves) but it all worked out. The recipe didn't say when to add the initial Srirachi, so I put it in with the other liquids.

I saw where it sells for $14 for a 6 oz jar online!

Last edited:
Lazy Sunday morning here, and I just logged on and read the good news Dawg!. I swear I thought I was dreaming about this recipe, but it turned out Steve was up before me frying bacon. :ROFLMAO: Who me, a foodie??:pig:

From the way it sounds, I think I'll be doubling the recipe !!

Here we go, three of the cutest little 4 oz. jars of bacon jam I've ever made!

image-1516243822.jpg

image-3878088322.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom