Favorite Condiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do any of you ketchup lovers know of a good brand of hot ketchup? Hunts used to make one but, I have not seen it in quite some time. I have tried to add some zip to plain ketchup but, it does not seem to work. Thanks B

ooh Thanks, Taxlady. 18-lbs of tomatoes is a huge amount! but I'll do some digging around to see if I can find one that makes a smaller batch using yours as a guideline.

Barbara, I guess we'd have to have a BYOC (bring your own condiment) kind of lunch together! heheh

That recipe should be easy to cut to 1/3. Of course, you still end up with about 7 x 250 ml jars of ketsup. (We got 20 x 250 ml out of the 18 lbs of tomatoes.) If you don't like it, you could give the rest as presents.

Ever tried Ranch drizzled over Pizza? I love that.

I use Best Foods mayo more than anything for sandwiches, but I must have Pico de Gallo with steak.

How do you eat that, on the side or right on the steak?
I love pico, but I usually just wrap it up in a tortilla and eat it along with something else.

Ever tried Ranch drizzled over Pizza? I love that.

I use Best Foods mayo more than anything for sandwiches, but I must have Pico de Gallo with steak.
I never thought about Pico de Gallo with steak, but that would be really good! :cool:

When my daughter was in 4th or 5th grade she started eating Ranch on her pizza. She probably still eats it that way. :)

How do you eat that, on the side or right on the steak?
I love pico, but I usually just wrap it up in a tortilla and eat it along with something else.

I make a nice lill pile of it on top of my steak, so I can have a bit with every bite. ;) My favorite is home made, but Herdez Salsa Casera was the best substitute until I tried Goya.....that stuff is even better!! Speaking of tortillas, it's great in a Mexican egg/cheese breakfast burrito. yumm

Do any of you ketchup lovers know of a good brand of hot ketchup? Hunts used to make one but, I have not seen it in quite some time. I have tried to add some zip to plain ketchup but, it does not seem to work. Thanks B
I do this weird thing when I want to add zip to my ketchup. I squirt a circle with my ketchup, then I fill the inside and create a little resevoir of hot sauce in the middle. Then I can dip away.

I make a nice lill pile of it on top of my steak, so I can have a bit with every bite. ;) My favorite is home made, but Herdez Salsa Casera was the best substitute until I tried Goya.....that stuff is even better!! Speaking of tortillas, it's great in a Mexican egg/cheese breakfast burrito. yumm
I will have to try Goya then! I LOVE Herdez Salsa Casera! Whenever I can, I buy it at WalMart Super Center, where I can buy it in big cans rather than in the jars. So much cheaper. They always look at me a little funny, I think, when it is on sale at the grocery store because if it is on sale I sometimes buy all they have. :LOL:

Steve Kroll said:
Sriracha, Chipotle Tabasco, or mustard... depends on the meal.

LOVE the Chipotle Tabasco! Fab with ketchup. On anything. Sriracha too for anything Asian.

Asked me this question 2 or 3 months ago, &, I would have proudly stood up & declared my undying love for butter & ranch dressiing!!...But, after my gallbladder "eruption", I have had no choice other than to change things or continue down my path of self-destruction....*sniffles...I miss 'ya butter buddy*...Anyhow, now that I am on track for a healthier lifestyle, I would have to vote for olive oil as my new "go-to" condiment. Used properly, it has quite a "bang for its buck", &, has the ability to clean out those hardened arteries & veins that are clogged w/saturated fats...I'm not perfect, but, as far as "out w/the old. & in w/the new" policy, well...so far its going wonderfully!!

Asked me this question 2 or 3 months ago, &, I would have proudly stood up & declared my undying love for butter & ranch dressiing!!...But, after my gallbladder "eruption", I have had no choice other than to change things or continue down my path of self-destruction....*sniffles...I miss 'ya butter buddy*...Anyhow, now that I am on track for a healthier lifestyle, I would have to vote for olive oil as my new "go-to" condiment. Used properly, it has quite a "bang for its buck", &, has the ability to clean out those hardened arteries & veins that are clogged w/saturated fats...I'm not perfect, but, as far as "out w/the old. & in w/the new" policy, well...so far its going wonderfully!!

Ever try the thing they do in some Italian restaurants? Pour some EVOO in a saucer, add a bit of balsamic vinegar and swirl it. Then dip your bread into it instead of buttering it. That's instead of plain buttered bread.

Ever try the thing they do in some Italian restaurants? Pour some EVOO in a saucer, add a bit of balsamic vinegar and swirl it. Then dip your bread into it instead of buttering it. That's instead of plain buttered bread.
Glad that you mentioned this tax, because, I have found a way to "amp" it up....soak the bread w/the mixings, then pop it into your oven for around 4-5 min.'s or so, &....Holy Moley - it goes from good to almost an angelic quality!! It is amazing how yummy it gets! :)

Glad that you mentioned this tax, because, I have found a way to "amp" it up....soak the bread w/the mixings, then pop it into your oven for around 4-5 min.'s or so, &....Holy Moley - it goes from good to almost an angelic quality!! It is amazing how yummy it gets! :)

How hot an oven? I gotta try this. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom