Favorite Hot Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
What's your favorite?

Tapatio - $0.99 at the corner store. Someone recomended I try it on an orange. I'll let you know. :ermm:

31jSlkQjnOL._SS500_.jpg

Franks' Red Hot Sauce.
Great garlic flavor, nice and thick....

yummm.

Number 2: Sriracha.

(In my fridge: Franks, Sriracha, chili garlic paste, green hot sauce, tobasco,
Cholula and a bag of Thai peppers).

mmmmmm looks good. I'm really not a fan of Tabasco. I haven't tried the green Tabasco yet. I can put loads of Tapatio on anything.

well I make my Own, but when I run out, then there`s Only Tabasco for me :)
and I don`t know which of the 2 I like best either?

My Mom put me on to Picapeppa sauce. It's like a kicked up A-1. Goes real good on steak and eggs.

picapep1.jpg

It depends on what I'm having. We have a variety of hot sauces at home: Franks' Red Hot Sauce, 3 varieties of Tabasco, several Mexican hot sauces and lots of Asian hot sauces. Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce is one that I love with Asian soup noodle dishes. Tabasco Jalapeno for NE clam chowder. Love Cholula hot sauce with seafood soups or stews. It's also very good on buttered sour dough bread (along with some NE clam chowder-yummmm). Chinese chili garlic sauce is great in dipping sauces. LOVE Picapeppa sauce with steak.

I'm really loving the Sriracha I bought by accident.... it's become my newest staple.

I like lots of them!!

Frank's
Texas Pete's
After Death
CPR
Frost Bite
Magma

Just to name a few!!!

I probably have 20 kinds in the fridge but my favorite is my own homemade habernaro sauce and my homemade replica Inner beauty sauce.

My sauces have to have both great taste and heat.

After my own I like Melinda's, Crystal, Datil Do It, Iguana, Hot Buns at the Beach and Jump Up and Kiss Me. Also Sriracha of course, though that's not that hot, really.

One I really can't stand is Cholula because of the food starch they put in it. I can taste it and it makes it muddy on the palate, IMO.

I enjoy trying different artisinal hot sauces, but my all-round staple is Frank's. I also like Cholula & Ashanti for basic stuff, as well as Pickapeppa for Caribbean dishes.

I don't care for Tabasco - all heat, no flavor; or Sriracha - weird somewhat sweetish aftertaste & too thick.

uncle bob, you've got myself and a few co-workers hooked on that stuff! we now keep a bottle or three around the office.

i used to have a lot of sauces around, but i've found that after a year or so after opening but not being used, they lose their flavor. so, i've narrowed it down to three: louisiana, frank's, and sriracha.

Um...You make your own hot sauce? Care to share?

I know you didn't ask me but I prefer my own homemade hot sauces made from the habarneros and jalepenos I grow in my garden.

I make a vinegar/garlic/carrot/onion/hab pepper mash for one of them.

I make a lime/cilantro/garlic/jalapeno for another.

And Inner Beauty from this recipe

Franks' Red Hot Sauce.
Great garlic flavor, nice and thick....

yummm.

Number 2: Sriracha.

(In my fridge: Franks, Sriracha, chili garlic paste, green hot sauce, tobasco,
Cholula and a bag of Thai peppers).

I'm sure that you wouldn't believe me when I tell you that we have the same inventory right now! I wish I was home so I could take a picture to prove it! Instead of Thai pepps we have fresh habaneros and red jalapenos, though... but I've got anything else you can think of dried!

Also, Famous Dave's Devil's Spit BBQ, Belches N Burps Hot Smoked Honey Mustard, Up Popped the Debbil Habanero Sauce... more! My fave is Cholula, but I'm not the one who fancies the hot hot hot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom