How to make a Black Bean & Corn Salsa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahoy there!

I've found some recipes online, but they don't answer my first question - are you supposed to COOK the corn? I've seen it say "Corn, shucked; Tomatoes, diced; etc." which to me implies it goes in raw. OTOH, two of my roommates claim that corn can't be properly digested raw. So, which is it? Do I cook the corn or not?

I just picked up 12 ears at the local's farmers market and I'm eager to use them! I also would love to hear your favorite MILD recipes (also serving a 3 yr old), and I will be using Papalo in lieu of Cilantro.

Thanks!

Thanks for the Black Bean & Corn Salsa Recipe!

Thank you Merstar!

I will be making this tomorrow! Looks like I have everything I need, although the whole reason I'm making salsa is because I wound up with a TON of stuff from the farmers market this weekend, including a bunch of fresh tomatoes. So I'm adding those in too. Likely also a splash of vinegar, so this lasts longer.

Any clue how long this might last? Looks like I'll get 6+ cups just using 3 ears of corn & maybe 1 pepper. I've got *twelve* ears of corn, 4 multi-colored bell peppers, 6 peter pan squash, and more. I'm guessing this wouldn't freeze well - any thoughts for what else I could make? Esp. stuff that I could freeze and store for later!

Thanks again!

Thank you Merstar!

I will be making this tomorrow! Looks like I have everything I need, although the whole reason I'm making salsa is because I wound up with a TON of stuff from the farmers market this weekend, including a bunch of fresh tomatoes. So I'm adding those in too. Likely also a splash of vinegar, so this lasts longer.

Any clue how long this might last? Looks like I'll get 6+ cups just using 3 ears of corn & maybe 1 pepper. I've got *twelve* ears of corn, 4 multi-colored bell peppers, 6 peter pan squash, and more. I'm guessing this wouldn't freeze well - any thoughts for what else I could make? Esp. stuff that I could freeze and store for later!

Thanks again!

You're quite welcome! Great idea to add tomatoes and a little vinegar.
Here are some recipes to check out from my to-try list:

FRESH CORN-CILANTRO SALAD
Fresh Corn-Cilantro Salad Recipe - MyRecipes.com

GRILLED CORN, AVOCADO AND TOMATO SALAD WITH HONEY LIME DRESSING
For the love of cooking: Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

GRILLED CORN SALAD WITH SPICY CHEDDAR DRESSING (recommended by a friend of mine)
Grilled Corn Salad with Spicy Cheddar Dressing

These are all delicious recipes, featuring tomatoes or bell peppers - I've made them many times:

ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC AND GORGONZOLA (Or Parmesan)
Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic, Gorgonzola and Herbs Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

BRUSCHETTA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND GOAT CHEESE (I halve the garlic cloves before rubbing on the bread)
Bruschetta With Red Peppers And Goat's Cheese Recipe - Food.com - 3237

BLUE CHEESE BROILED TOMATOES
(I heat them in the oven first, then broil)
Blue Cheese Broiled Tomatoes Recipe - Food.com - 43913

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom