Indian Summer Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spaZDaisE04

Assistant Cook
Here is the recipie with the grill seasoning. lol it really is good. :)

Indian SUmmer Chili

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
2 1/2 pounds ground turkey (85 percent lean) or ground turkey breast (99 percent lean), 2 packages
4 tablespoons dark chili powder, 2 palm fulls
2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, any brand, 1 palm full
1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 palm full
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to extra-spicy
1 large onion, quartered
2 large peppers, any color combination, red, green, purple, yellow or orange, chopped
1/2 bottle beer (the alcohol cooks out), about 1 cup
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
2 cups corn kernels, optional

Heat a pot over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, and the turkey meat. Season the meat with: chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles.
Chop the onion, reserving 1/4 of it for topping the chili. Brown meat 5 minutes, then add onions and chopped bell peppers and cook 10 minutes more. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and bring to a bubble. It using corn kernels add them now. Let chili simmer 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste. Remove from heat and serve.

I don't want to alarm you, but someone has put an obscene avatar below your name. :oops: :twisted: :shock:

You should quickly put up a Boston Red Sox avatar to reverse the curse of being associated with the evil empire.

Hey Andy,

When I read your post,I thought "I didn't notice anything obscene". Goes to show how gullible I am early in the morning. :)

We are Yankee fans, but now are rooting for Boston. They (and all of you fans) deserve to win and we will celebrate right along with you.

My son-in-law is from Mass. so he is in seventh heaven.
Go Sox :)

it is kinda weird how so many yankee fans are rooting for the sawx. i'm one too, but i think baseball players are overpaid crybabies, so i really don't care that much if "the boss" goes to town on the yanks this winter. gimme a hockey game anyday.

oh wait, they wanna be just like the baseball players, darn...

i still love hockey tho. since there's no nhl this year, i broke out my equipment and plan to shoot around a puck when i get the chance, just to get it out of my system. or else the next time my wife starts to get nasty with me, i might pull her sweater over her head and tie up her arms in the corner...lol.

btw, do they make goalie equipment in infant sizes???????????

The World Champion Boston Red Sox (that sounds sooo good) and their fans can now celebrate and relax.

You Yankee fas are real baseball fans, thanks.

Andy M.

P.S.: That's the World Champion Boston Red Sox!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom