Mustard!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Living in the Eastern Cape in South Africa when I was expecting my children - I craved "strong" tasting food. Not much in that area to be found, it seemed, and at work there used to be hot mustard on the tables in the cafeteria. I got into the habit of putting it on just about everything. To this day I make my tuna salad sanwiches thusly: mustard on the bread/roll, lettuce, tomatoe (salted and peppered), occasionally I'll add a slice of strong cheddar to the sandwich. MMMMM. I met an Orthodox Jewish man from Israeal and we struck up an instant friendship when we noticed we liked our tuna sandwiches the same way.
Otherwise, we keep the same mustards as Ishbel mentioned. Can't live without the Coleman's - it goes into a lot of things. Sandyj

Ishbel said:
A real treasure trove is the town of Dijon. My daughter was an exchange student whilst still at school and we went to visit...

There are just SOOOOO many Dijonnaise who are involved in some way in the manufacture of moutarde! My daughter made friends with the daughter of a producer who used to make THE most amazing mustards, moutarde with horseradish, with coriander, with red wine - coarse grained types.... He sold his wares in many of the local shops and markets, but they are not available outside Dijon.

Ishbel, I love coarse grained mustards. How fun it must have been to tour Dijon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom