Squirt Bottles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Admittedly, I am a HUGE Guy Fieri fan and he has turned me on to using squirt bottles for vinegars and soy sauce and other sauces. Just wondering if anyone else uses squirt bottles to make cooking easier.

I do, especially when it comes to "designs" on a plate whether it's savory or sweet. I just get the bottles at a beauty supply store and sometimes I have to cut a bit of the tip off. They come in quite handy for presentation.

I do. I mostly use tall rectangular bottles with spouts for oils and vinegars. But for temporary chile oils and such I use the squirt bottles.

How much do you pay at the beauty supply? I have gotten mine at Walmart for anywhere between 66 cents and a dollar. Last look they were "up to" 97 cents each and I don't think that's bad at all.

I bought 2 of them from a beauty supply. I think they were $1.50 each or something. Not the best quality either. I'll probobly hit some online store for some quality ones since I'll be spending some more time in the kitchen soon.

I bought 2 of them from a beauty supply. I think they were $1.50 each or something. Not the best quality either. I'll probobly hit some online store for some quality ones since I'll be spending some more time in the kitchen soon.
If you have a Walmart near you, you can get nice ones there for under a dollar. I've had mine well over a year and there's no splitting or cracking at the spouts or anything.

I'm an estetic person (as anyone who's seen my spice racks can tell you) so I like the uniformity of the squirt bottles verses all the different looks of sauce bottles.

I'm an estetic person (as anyone who's seen my spice racks can tell you) so I like the uniformity of the squirt bottles verses all the different looks of sauce bottles.

You mean "anal".....me too. :LOL:

img_687598_0_b5de7522ee52ee1f5bb9b3a831312150.jpg

Yep, that's about it.....BUT....I would have to whip out the label maker and label everything. I couldn't do the handwritten labels. I guess that does make me "anal". I do love your collection though. Where did you get those bottles?

I have set of 6 I bought at a restaurant supply store . The bottles come in handy for different oils I use vinegars.

Guy Fieri fan

I love to watch Guy's Big Bite.

I do wonder about air getting inside the squeeze bottles and altering the oils inside?

:chef:

Max, my bottles have caps that cover the spout. I, also, only put oils and vinegars that I use regularly in my bottles. I haven't had any issues. The only oil I've ever actually had an issue with was olive. Hate the stuff and it always tastes "rancid" to me no matter what I do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom