Sriracha Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
If you love Sriracha, then you will love THIS too..I'm well into my third Jar..I've become an addict!!!!:ermm:

EDIT: Oh Well the link only takes you to the Main Page...The Product is...Chili Garlic Sauce

If you love Sriracha, then you will love THIS too..I'm well into my third Jar..I've become an addict!!!!:ermm:

EDIT: Oh Well the link only takes you to the Main Page...The Product is...Chili Garlic Sauce

I agree, Uncle Bob. This is good eats. I always have some on hand.

Oh yeah! I have had a jar of that in my fridge for about 3 years (no not the same jar)

We were first introduced to it when some friends of ours invited us over for Vietnamese noodle soup. (Anyone ever have this!? It's the best soup on the planet!)

I've seen Sriracha in Wally World...Not sure about the Chili Garlic Sauce....
I buy the Chili Garlic Sauce from a Kroger store...In a specialty food section...Not in line with other Condiment sauces etc....You'll have to ask or look close for it...They want have 5 facings of the product...Probably only one ------

Our local WalMart, Giant, & Safeway supermarkets all carry the "rooster" brand, as I call it.

It's been a pantry staple of mine for decades now (I don't care much for Sriracha), & for many years you could only get it in specialty Asian markets. Thank goodness I can just pop into WalMart to replenish my supply these days.

UB, I love Garlic Chili Paste! Next time you marinate some short ribs throw some into the marinade!! It's QUITE yummy and um....warm :LOL:

One thing to keep in mind when shopping for "rooster" sauce, is that the company makes several different types, including a plain chili sauce, chili-garlic sauce, & a chili-onion sauce (which is a bit darker). Out of the 3, I like the chili-garlic sauce the best, but the others are worth trying for different applications as well.

Having shopped in grocery stores across the country, the strained red one that comes is a big plastic bottle is pretty readily available (I live in small town midwest and can buy it in both stores that are within a few miles of my house (Wal-Mart and Piggly-Wiggly). My husband prefers this one. One comes in a jar rather than squirt bottle, and is not as strained -- seeds, pieces of garlic, etc. Both have roosters on the label. That I often have to buy at an Asian grocery, so have to travel for it. TO me they have a similar flavor, just one texture is almost like catsup, one is rougher. I like both, but prefer the latter, my husband prefers the more pureed, strained version.

The plastic squirt bottle contains their version of Sriracha; their "chili sauce", "chili-garlic sauce", & the chili sauce with onions all come in basic plastic jars for spooning out.

While I do keep it on hand for certain recipes, the Sriracha is my least favorite. I find it a bit too sweet for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom