Strawberry balsamic vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, all. I was in Chicago/Oak Park last weekend and found a little shop in Oak Park where you can taste olive oils and balsamic vinegars before buying. I tried a taste of strawberry balsamic vinegar, and my mouth started to water from the aroma, before I had even tasted it. Of course, I bought a bottle ... :-p

Now I need ideas for what to do with it. Whatcha got? TIA.

I think it would be good on a salad of mixed greens.

Does it contain sulfites? It is so hard to find a brand w/o sulfites.

Thanks for the idea, Green Lady. I don't know about the sulfites - I'll check the bottle when I get home (which will be late tonight - I have my photography class at 6).

You didn't think of the obvious? Drizzle it over fresh strawberries! That's probably where they got the idea of strawberry flavored basalmic vinegar to begin with.

How's about a strawberry and spinach salad w walnuts & feta?

I would reduce it and use numerous ways - as a bbq sauce for ribs, chicken, salads - it sounds awesome! A drizzle on duck would be good too!

I had a recipe for sweet-and-sour scrambled eggs that had strawberries in it. I wonder if it would taste good that way.

I think it would be good on a salad of mixed greens.

Does it contain sulfites? It is so hard to find a brand w/o sulfites.

Hi, Green Lady. The label doesn't mention sulfites - in fact, since they bottle it in the store, the label only says the name of the vinegar and the name of the store.

Go to a cheese shop and tell the guy behind the counter what you have. Ask him to suggest a cheese that will burst when you drizzle a bit of that balsamic on it.

Then, take the cheese home, get a loaf of bread, open a bottle of wine...and call me when you are all set .

Try macerating some straberries in it with some grand marnier and a little sugar, then strain, and reduce that liquid to a syrup, and use everything for some killer strawberry shortcake

Back
Top Bottom