What's in your refrigerator door?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Antibiotic eye ointment for Felines...ear mite ointment...hmm last time this was used was when Smudge was a kitten...she's 9 now. In the trash. Nothing weird in my fridge...now!:LOL:

Those are normal items, aren't they, NA? ;^)

Six jars is a lot of horseradish, PF. I've been meaning to pick up a jar just to experiment with, like for wing sauces, or if I want to make cocktail sauce. I can guarantee you I haven't eaten what amounted one jar in my whole life, and that includes cocktail sauce.

Fish sauce, red wine I opened last night, a couple of beers, some sherry in a quart jar with chunks of ginger in it, garlic/balsamic/white wine jelly, Marsala, ketchup, 3 kinds of mustard, horseradish mayo, wasabi. And a bag of red popcorn.

Six jars is a lot of horseradish, PF. I've been meaning to pick up a jar just to experiment with, like for wing sauces, or if I want to make cocktail sauce. I can guarantee you I haven't eaten what amounted one jar in my whole life, and that includes cocktail sauce.

We love the stuff, it's really good in mashed potatoes, that's how it gets used the most. This stuff has no vinegar and needs to be kept refrigerated, even before opening. :)

Guess thats what I get for not fully ready the original post! :ROFLMAO:

Horse radish in mashed taters sounds kinda good. Maybe just a little to develop a taste for it. Thanks. Maybe it will find it's way into my refrigerator door ;)

lol, been there done that, NA :LOL:

I love horseradish with prime rib!!

Some of the more unique items in my door are:

Cholula hot sauce - my favorite hot sauce, great with tamales

Penzey's zatar spice

Bija dark chocolate Omega 3 truffles

Roland roasted walnut oil

Attachments

• cholula.jpg
    cholula.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 195
I love horseradish with prime rib!!

Some of the more unique items in my door are:

Cholula hot sauce - my favorite hot sauce, great with tamales

Penzey's zatar spice

Bija dark chocolate Omega 3 truffles

Roland roasted walnut oil

Shrek loves Cholula...just found it at Costco my last visit.

I just found a half bar of 70% cacao with sea salt...tasty, in small bites.

I also have a tupperware "midgit" container of ground to powder dry porcini mushrooms that I add to just about everything for a kick of flavor.

No...six jars. I have a hard time finding it, so when I do get it, I buy lots. It will last us about 6 months.

TinLizzie!

I've never had Horseradish or soy sauce go bad on me. But, if the horseradish has changed color, I would ditch it.

I have two grease pens, a red and a black. Even years I mark with a red, odd years with a black...any condiment going into the fridge gets marked. On the first of the year, I do fridge cleaning and toss out those things left over with the current color I am using. I also have to mark jams and jellies, I don't eat them so often that I use up a jar within a year.

Thanks very much, folks; and PF - I hope it's not too late for me to borrow this for a New Year's resolution - grease pens going on the shopping list. :)

Ok, How many of you had to actually walk into the kitchen and look in the fridge to see what was in the door that you open several times a day? I admit that I had to, and I found nothing unusual at all. I really need to get out more.:LOL:

Ok, How many of you had to actually walk into the kitchen and look in the fridge to see what was in the door that you open several times a day? I admit that I had to, and I found nothing unusual at all. I really need to get out more.:LOL:

I've been looking through it most of the day...one shelf at a time:LOL:

I knew the "unusual for me" food in my door, too.
I just had to look so I spelled it right :LOL:

I have a Ball jar with the last of the white-chocolate covered cranberries I make every Christmas. So good!! But I think they probably need to go...:rolleyes:
I'm the only one at the house who eats them and I always make too many.

Back
Top Bottom