Worcestershire sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dump some into ground turkey when I make turkey burgers. It gives turkeyburgers a better flavor and color.

I use it in a lot of things but the one I think that would be the most off beat is in beer, cheap domestic beer. When I lived in Virginia we drank Red Eye. Red Eye is beer with tomato juice. We would make them with a little hot sauce and Worchestershire as well.

I still drink beer this way when it is really hot or I want something different.

I marinade my steak in it. WS, garlic salt, and coarse ground pepper. Let sit all day and then grill. If you need your meat a little more tender, add a couple dashes of soy sauce. I love WS. I put it in so much especially, as mentioned, hamburger dishes.

I use it in a lot of things but the one I think that would be the most off beat is in beer, cheap domestic beer. When I lived in Virginia we drank Red Eye. Red Eye is beer with tomato juice. We would make them with a little hot sauce and Worchestershire as well.

I noticed in WalMart the other day that Budweiser has a new concoction out...
It is a 16 ounce beer PREMIXED with Clamato juice and lime.
Perhaps some hot sauce and woozy was what it was missing....

I live in a prodominatly Spanish area and they drink Michilada which is beer lime and hot sauce. They also drink Chilada, not to be mistaken for the Miller Chilada (too sweet, like a cooler). Chilada is beer and lime juice. Both are good on a hot day.

I noticed in WalMart the other day that Budweiser has a new concoction out...
It is a 16 ounce beer PREMIXED with Clamato juice and lime.
Perhaps some hot sauce and woozy was what it was missing....
Okay, YUCK!! It's one thing to self-mix, it's another for Budweiser to do it for me. YUCK!1

I live in a prodominatly Spanish area and they drink Michilada which is beer lime and hot sauce. They also drink Chilada, not to be mistaken for the Miller Chilada (too sweet, like a cooler). Chilada is beer and lime juice. Both are good on a hot day.

I live where there are virtually no Hispanics and they sell that here. I prefer to make my own. I add lime or lemon to my beer all the time and sometimes I add simple syrup too.

WS is my all-time favourite condiment. If it has beef in it, I put WS in it. Also goes into fish cakes, seafood dressing, stirfrys, soups, hamburger patties, curried egg, tomato sauce for pasta, cook mushrooms in it, put over corn on the cob with butter and garlic before roasting, add it to butter for a topping for steaks and bread. Love it!!

Oh, another great combo is WS and cream cheese. I put WS in my cream cheese stuffed mushrooms and my beef and cream cheese dip. Love that edition. It's like there's nothing WS can do wrong. I even broke down and bought anchovy paste because I like WS sauce so much.

They do use beer as a replacement for slush drinks at the race tracks and for the bloody Mary's since they can't sell hard alcohol at sporting events. Still not convinced.

Is GREAT in a CHILI recipe. My daughter-in-law turned me on to it. YUMMY!!!!! :)

EDIT (11/16/2007 11:27pm EST): OK OK ... you all enticed me to make the chili. OK OK .. I wanted to use Worcestershire Sauce. :) Thanks :)

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Steak sauce!!! it's the only sauce I will use on a steak if the steak isn't seasoned well enough. A1 all those others obscure the flavor of the meat. Worcestershire enhances it.

It is also indispensable in making coney sauce, Pulled BBQ(home made BBQ). It enhances many meat dishes.

One hint always use Lee & Perrin. It does taste better!

Back
Top Bottom