Advice re: minimum liquid level for pressure cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

Because I'm a student I bought a pressure cooker to reduce costs. However, the instruction booklet of this 6 liter electric pressure tells me I need 5 cups of liquid in the pot, and this has become a problem i.e using 2 cups and 3 cups of water would cost $5 per meal and up to $10 in other recipes.

My question: Can I use less liquid then the pressure cooker recommends?

It should also be noted: That the multi cooker has a valve which can be opened when using the slow cooker setting (multiple settings) and requires a cup of liquid. So I was also wondering if by opening the valve for pressure cooking would this change the liquid requirement and if so would this change the cooking of the food?
ALWAYS follow the pressure cooker manufacturer's instructions. Not to do so could be highly dangerous.

I don't understand why using water should be so expensive. Tap water can't be that dear in your country. Unless you are using bottled mineral water which would be quite mad. If your water supply is not safe to drink it should be effectively rendered safe by the extreme heat in the pressure cooker.

Back
Top Bottom