Am I insane - microwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i don't want a microwave.
people cannot accept my not wanting nuked food!!! i don't like microwaves!!
1st of all, i've a defribillator in my chest, & can't be too close to a microwave.
secondly, i prefer my food cooked conventially.
my Mom bought me a microwave like 2 or 3 yeas ago, said i wouldn't like my gift, & she was correct. i was sad to reject, 'cept i wasn't gonna utilize it, so why waste dough.
it's been 5 years without a microwave, & jakes harping. he wants popcorn. well, we could pop popcorn ina pot!!
am i alone, here?

nothing wrong with that!!
I don't need mine either. Only use it to re-heat, and it turns out mediocre at best...
I'd rather reheat on the stove or in the oven, just seems silly to heat up a huge oven for a 1/2 lb of meat.... I want a new toaster oven.
With a toaster oven I could see no microwave.

sorry, luvs, I'm a microwave addict..........it's the only thing that got me thru with my children..........I basically use it to heat up things.......which is probably why it's lasted nearly 20 years.........I really don't cook cook with it........don't care for the looks or appearance of foods in the microwave but for convenience of heating things up you betcha.........

I hardly ever cook in mine, but it does come in very handy for a lot of things.

For instance, dinner for my daughter a few nights ago was a hot dog with some corn. All of it was put on one plate. Both the dog and corn came straight out of the freezer. Nuked for 60 seconds and dinner was ready with no extra pots or pans to clean up. When you have a hungry kid who wants to eat NOW, 60 seconds from freezer to table is a great great thing.

I am with GB. I use mine very seldomly, but it does come in handy when I do need it.

And, <get ready to duck for cover>it is one of the best ways to cook a whole lobster...<runs and hides>

:LOL:geebs, hungy kids can be scary. i've babysat often enough!:LOL:
& tat, microwaves 'er recommended fer crab!!

i still hate microwaves. maybe if i have babies... then microwaved food would so be on my agenda cause cranky kids aren't very pleasant.

i don't want a microwave.
people cannot accept my not wanting nuked food!!! i don't like microwaves!!
1st of all, i've a defribillator in my chest, & can't be too close to a microwave.
secondly, i prefer my food cooked conventially.
my Mom bought me a microwave like 2 or 3 yeas ago, said i wouldn't like my gift, & she was correct. i was sad to reject, 'cept i wasn't gonna utilize it, so why waste dough.
it's been 5 years without a microwave, & jakes harping. he wants popcorn. well, we could pop popcorn ina pot!!
am i alone, here?

Luvs, there is no question that "healthy eating" is not what microwave devotees are after. They want quick above all else. :ermm:

You are not the first person I know for whom being too near them when they're on is dangerous. If I were you, I wouldn't have one in my house, either.

Imho, popcorn in a pot is waaaaaaaaaay tastier than that microwaved stuff with the fake butter. :wacko:

I'd stay away from them too luvs. Popcorn is waaaaay better cooked in a pot! Sure, it takes a bit longer but really....so much better! Do they still make Jiffy Pop???? You don't need to be near them and you don't need to be tempted to be near them!!!!

Mama Vicky has spoken :mad:

Yea luvs.. I just use mine to reheat and heat liquids. So I am with you on that, specially when you have medical concerns. I recently got a toaster oven to use to help cut down on electrical costs. DH would fire up the oven on a regular basis to cook one chicken patty... I figured we could save a few bucks by not turning on the oven so often in this crazy hot weather. We have been using the toaster oven like it is going out of style!

until you've had the teeth breaking stuff over here........we were in the Uk recently and bought a bag of popcorn kernels from the states......my oh my..........heaven on earth......we ate until we popped ourselves........

Back
Top Bottom