Any opinions on a Vita-Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amator

Assistant Cook
Saw a Vita-Mix demonstrated at Sam's Club and looked like something that could adequately(if not completely) replace several kitchen items:

blender (duh)
juicer
food processor(just don't liquify your onions instead of chopping them!)
mixer (the guy didn't demo it kneading bread but said that the machine was fully capable of doing so. Not so sure about this claim)
ice cream maker(the ice cream from the demo was great)
grain mill(I've heard it won't grind fine enough for pastry flour though)
meat grinder

Any opinions on the machine itself or these claims? Thanks.

i have 2 vita mixs. works really great fast convinent and easy to use. The motar is really powerful and this thing is extremely durable. I have a vitamix in which you buy at a warehouse sams club cosco etc. and i have a vita prep which is used for commerical use to make sauces and batters. I don't think it can kneed bread though

The grinder and bread maker is an add on item. It has a different blade. If you can watch the demo again you will notice he changed containers.
I love mine for fruit drinks, my daughter-in-law loves hers. In the morning she throws in all kinds of vegetables, takes out her portion and then adds fruit to get the boys to drink it before school.

I have a couple of Vita mix 4000 maxi blenders, and I love them. I think it's best use is of course as a blender.

Back
Top Bottom