Anyone have an electric, programmable tea brewer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Do to health reasons, my wife has given up coffee for tea. She used to have a coffee maker that would have a nice hot cup waiting for her each morning ( she programmed it the night before.

I was wondering if the same thing exists for tea. Im thinking of getting it for her this holiday season.

Larry

Hi Larry

I think the device you are looking for is what we call a 'teasmade' (link) in the uk. These used to be popular over here , but are less so now (perhaps because we have all started drinking coffee!). However, my sister and I brought my Mum and Dad one for their 40th wedding aniversary a few years back, and they love it. It was similar to this one.

I'm afraid I don't know if they are available in the USA ~ you might end up having to import on with the associated adapter?

Hope that helps.

John

Here's an idea, why not use the coffee maker for tea? Sometimes I want tea when I get up in the morning, so the night before I put the water in the coffee maker, and where the coffee usually goes I put 2 tea bags in there for 4 cups of water. I have an extra coffee maker that I use for tea, it is a small unit ( 4 cup unit) You can put a coffee filter in it with the tea bags or use without the filter.
If she likes her tea strong, she can put the tea bags in the carafe instead of the filter holder or use more tea bags. I just made some tea using my coffeemaker. :)

If she is using a bag of tea then all she needs is an electric tea pot. But Lady's advise is also good. Really you are not talking about making traditional Indian style tea, are you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom