Appliance advice urgently needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of notes on Refigerators.

Recently I saw that sears (sorry I didn't get the brand) is selling a fullsized fridge-only unit and has a matching freezer only unit.

I have no need for a freezer in my kitchen as I have a chest freezer and a second fridge in my garage. I would love to have a Fridge-Only unit.

The side by side freezers aren't wide enough that I can put a full sized bowl in it. I like to freeze my bowls before making whipping cream etc.

At best I use my side by side for freezing Vodka, and frosting beer glasses. The top 1/3rd is wasted on the built in ice cube maker. So not a lot of room left over.

Per a in-door ice dispenser. If you have hard wood I recommend against these. You will often drop an ice cube and no matter how careful you are it will be wet before you can throw it in the sink. Over time it will cause warping etc. .... Personally the only thing I like my mine for is the crushed ice.

The inteface between the ice maker and the door doesn't give good hand access to the cubes so you find your self standing at the door while the auger does its work. And if you are filling more than a glass of water you will soon find out you miss the 1/2 pipes that feed the kitchen faucet as the water comes out of the door just too slow.....also if you use one with a water filter you must keep up with filter changes or the thing becomes a bio hazzard and at $50 ever six months its an expensive item.

Good luck with your rebuild....

Back
Top Bottom