Are you embarrassed about putting commercial equipment in your kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we entertain, my wife hates how our countertop appliances are commercial-ish, she makes me put my sheeter in the closet, lol... She doesnt complain about the Bunn single serve commercial coffee machine I installed, hard piped so she never has to pour water in it...

I don't care how it looks, I use this stuff almost daily... I am not buying residential appliances anymore... I burnt up 2 kitchen aid mixers, and the second one I made sure to change the oil when it separated and tried to make that thing last, I just use them too often and a lot of times consecutively.

This equipment saves me a lot of time and work, for example like this weekend I am making gnocchi and ravioli, Ill do 10lbs of each, that would have been like 18 batches with the kitchen aid. It will be 4 with my General mixer {I could do one of each, but I do a some with no egg}. I will also use my robot coupe r2n shredder attachment to shred the potatoes, its will take much less time than how I used to do them with a cheese grater.

Then I will roll the pasta out with my dovoy 18" sheeter for the ravioli, it comes perfect, vs my rolling pinning it and beating myself up to get it consistent.

Anyway, does anyone else use commercial-ish equipment in their home..

Heres a few picture of a corner of my kitchen, I also have a closet full of stuff I don't use as much, like a conveyor oven {nice for making puff pastry assembly line}, tons of nemco commercial cutters, lettuce, scallions, onions, tomatoes, I even have the blooming onion cutter, plus I have a smoker in the garage and a fry machine...

But I do a lot of cooking...

img_1405869_0_201ef062090ff7c414c8bc85535fa9fc.jpg

img_1405869_1_396ea4b443a6967c33fe2c08a260c367.jpg
(To mis-quote) He who cooks the dinner calls the tune.

If your friends are so shallow as to sneer at your kitchen and equipment change your friends not your kitchen.

Sorry about that, I was just sharing, didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable, I'm still learning obviously, Kind of new to cooking talking boards. Recently retired and I have too much free time...

My wife has told me I come off as bragging, but its not my intention, the other night we were at a local restaurant meeting friends and they wanted to sit at the bar, we were talking about my street being bendy and a couple sitting by us said they knew our street and asked us which house was ours, I showed them a picture on my phone and they knew the house, they then asked how old we were, I said 34 and 35, they didn't talk to us much after that. Later on the ride home I brought it up to my wife and she said people can get uncomfortable and I come off sometimes like I am bragging.. Which sucks because I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I do like nice things, but they are just that, things, at the end of the game the pawns and the kings all go in the same box. Titles and "things" mean nothing....

I almost started a blog and put a link to it in my sig, jk, Im not that bad, lol...

But seriously, again i apologise and I will refrain from this type of "sharing" in the future, I have worked very hard for what I have, many missed xmasses and leaving at 4am to get home just after midnight, to leave at 4am again to get where I am, I do like sharing and showing the stuff I like... But i don't want to offend anyone, I guess I don't get offended, I love seeing peoples stuff, I get excited when someone gets something new and nice, a friend of mine just bought a new car, I actually just got home from running over to take a look at it, couldn't wait for him to show it off to me...
Perhaps I'm too British but when I read about the strangers in a bar interrupting your conversation and asking where you live and how old you are I thought "How rude!".

On the other hand I love hearing about other people's kitchens.

Perhaps I'm too British but when I read about the strangers in a bar interrupting your conversation and asking where you live and how old you are I thought "How rude!".

On the other hand I love hearing about other people's kitchens.

Its a country bar, and yes I agree, americans are "different", there is a bar in italy we frequent when we go there and its nothing like a bar in the US, here people talk across the bar to strangers, stop waitresses when they are walking by, its like a town hall dinner. The bar we go to about 12 miles from my house we are always buying each other drinks and talking across the aisle. The bar in Italy is more like a coffee shop cafe that serves drinks and pastry... Dont get me wrong having an irish whiskey at 11pm and being able to get a nice warm Sfogliatelle where they powder the sugar on in front of you is great, but I also like to be able to buy the bar a round and "cheers" with 25 people...

Hey, it might not be the prettiest stuff, but if it does the trick then display it with pride :)

I'm with PrincessFiona60, if I had more space I'd be keen to get more appliances and display them all!!

Its a country bar, and yes I agree, americans are "different", there is a bar in italy we frequent when we go there and its nothing like a bar in the US, here people talk across the bar to strangers, stop waitresses when they are walking by, its like a town hall dinner. The bar we go to about 12 miles from my house we are always buying each other drinks and talking across the aisle. The bar in Italy is more like a coffee shop cafe that serves drinks and pastry... Dont get me wrong having an irish whiskey at 11pm and being able to get a nice warm Sfogliatelle where they powder the sugar on in front of you is great, but I also like to be able to buy the bar a round and "cheers" with 25 people...
I didn't mean we never speak to strangers but there's a difference between being friendly and muscling in on someone else's private conversation and asking personal questions. "How old are you?" - I wouldn't dream of asking someone I knew very well that unless it was relevant to the subject of the conversation!

I didn't mean we never speak to strangers but there's a difference between being friendly and muscling in on someone else's private conversation and asking personal questions. "How old are you?" - I wouldn't dream of asking someone I knew very well that unless it was relevant to the subject of the conversation!

Yah I see your point, its just not that type of place, I fill my own drinks there. bars around here are laid back {some} I have been to others that are hoity toity and you wouldn't dare speak to someone across the bar... But at this place, I have seen people lower the bands amp so they could talk across the bar, lol...

I'm guessing that the rude "How old are you" question was asked by someone with one too many drinks MC. Most Americans have at least passable manners, although we almost never feel the need for formal introductions. ;) I've been to several pubs in the UK that are much like the fun one that he described.

Back
Top Bottom