Best juicers for home and professional use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winfried

Assistant Cook
Hello

I'd like to get a juicer 1) for me at home, and 2) another for professional use for a friend who owns a fruits and vegetable store in the city, since I get the feeling fresh juices will appeal to some people as an alternative snack/lunch.

However, Google shows quite a lot of brands and models available in North America, Europe, and Asia, so I'm lost at what to look at:ermm:

I saw those brands recommended and would like some feedback/additions:

Breville | Choose Your Country (USA)

Norwalk (USA)
Norwalk Juicers - Home

Angel (Korea)
¿ª»ç¿Í ÀüÅëÀÇ ¿£Á©³ìÁó±â

Omega (Korea)
Official Omega Site | Omega Juicers

Magimix (France)
Magimix – Petit électroménager culinaire

Thank you.

BTW, when I travelled in Israel a few years ago, there were mechanical juicers on every corner. It looks like they're all built by the Zaksenberg company.

Since they can make carrot juices, they seem strong enough. Since electric juicers are much more expensive and a pain to clean, what is their advantage over a mechanical juicer?

I have three juicers. A mechanical OrangeX press for citrus, which is abundant here, a Champion commercial model, which works very well but gets warm after extended use, and a Green Life that was given to me broken. I repaired it, and use it frequently. It is a slow, twin screw juicer that doesn't heat up the juice enough to destroy beneficial enzymes. Use them all, like them all. The OrangeX and Champion were purchased used, as new, at very low cost, making the free Green Life the most expensive of the three.

Are you folks talking juicer or juice extractor? I have a juice extractor that doesn't get any use. it was a gift. I have very much to learn about doing this.

along scotty's question which, if i'm not wrong, asks about the difference of pure juice being extracted versus with pulp; can a meat grinder with a finer grinding plate be used to grind pulpy fruit and veggies for chewy juice?

along scotty's question which, if i'm not wrong, asks about the difference of pure juice being extracted versus with pulp; can a meat grinder with a finer grinding plate be used to grind pulpy fruit and veggies for chewy juice?

I was told many years ago that a juicer was a device which saved all the "vitamins and minerals" that are in the skin and the green parts (( like in carrots etc.)) I think mine is an omega and it collects the pulp in a separate area.

Is it true that much of the health benefits are lost by separating the pulp??

Chewy juice may be a great new concept.:)

fiber is what's lost by separating juice from pulp. better juicers extract more of the juice, leaving a drier pulp. Norwalk excels at this. I have a friend who uses a Norwalk juicer, and her horses won't even eat the pulp. there's nothing left in it. Her juicer cost her about $2,300 us. i also have a VitaMix 5000, and what it makes is puree. If I add water or some other liquid as it runs, the end products is more like juice and contains all the fiber, nothing is thrown out. it is drinkable.

Last edited:
Hello

I'd like to get a juicer 1) for me at home, and 2) another for professional use for a friend who owns a fruits and vegetable store in the city, since I get the feeling fresh juices will appeal to some people as an alternative snack/lunch.

However, Google shows quite a lot of brands and models available in North America, Europe, and Asia, so I'm lost at what to look at:ermm:

I saw those brands recommended and would like some feedback/additions:

Breville | Choose Your Country (USA)

Norwalk (USA)
Norwalk Juicers - Home

Angel (Korea)
¿ª»ç¿Í ÀüÅëÀÇ ¿£Á©³ìÁó±â

Omega (Korea)
Official Omega Site | Omega Juicers

Magimix (France)
Magimix – Petit électroménager culinaire

Thank you.
I have a Philips. It's very messy and the juice comes out with a very thick foam on top which doesn't dissipate with standing. I wouldn't buy it again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom