Bread machine squealing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iavegfarmer

Assistant Cook
I'm a vegetable grower in Iowa, and during the season we have a crew of 10 or so people around for lunch. So we plow through at least 2 loaves of bread per day, making multiple bread machines very helpful.

So I got a new bread machine yesterday (used, at a secondhand store) and tried it out this evening. It seems as if something needs oil because during the knead cycles, the machine would SQUEAL while it seemed to have trouble moving the dough ball around the machine. And SQUEAL is in caps for good reason.

Anyone had similar issues with a bread machine? Anyone know which parts might need oil or grinding down? This one is a Toastmaster Bread Box model 1171.

Thanks in advance for any insight you'd have.
Best,
Solveig

ps - You know it's a cool forum when you can select a smiley face wearing a chef's had or a pig face! :chef:

You might want to go to Toastmaster's website and click on
"bread machines." There may be a troubleshooting area that can give you a clue about what you are experiencing.

They probably have a "contact us" area that will give you a phone number (hopefully an "800" one) where you can talk to a real person about your problem.

I've purchased bread machines at thrift stores/yard sales, too, but have not have a problem. Best of luck solving the situation.

If it's squealing and having trouble mixing it could be that there's too much dough, or the dough is too heavy for that particular machine.

That's the easy fix. Does is squeal if you run it with nothing inside?

Or that the outside bottom of the pan was exposed to water during cleanup.

The instruction manual that came with mine strictly says not to let water or any other liquid touch the bottom on the outside, I imagine because it may rust or otherwise get out of whack, so I gotta be very careful not to let that happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom