Breville Conical Burr Grinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I received Breville's coffee grinder (Breville USA | Conical Burr Grinder BCG450XL) and I cannot seem to operate it. Firstly, approximately how much quantity of whole coffee beans do I use (say I want to make 8 cups of coffee). And secondly... in the instruction booklet, it says to rotate the dial so that you are on the right setting (i.e. coarse, medium, fine, extra fine, super fine) - I choose fine because it says that is recommended for filter. Then, rotate the timer selector dial - now, in the instruction manual, it says it is marked as number of cups - on the actual unit, it is displayed in seconds. How long would I want? Are there some simple guidelines to follow for quantities and times for grinding coffee? I've never done this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Depending on personal preferences, 1 to 2 tablespoons of coffee per cup. The timing would depend on the amount of coffee and the degree of grind you want. You may want to contact the maker.

I more meant what quantity of whole beans will equal the needed ground amounts. If I know I need 8 tablespoons of ground coffee, how do I determine the amount of whole beans to grind? Guess and check?

Back
Top Bottom