Broke Magic Bullet-type system, argh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
I have a fake Magic Bullet, bought at JC Penney a long time ago with a coupon, which I dropped a while back and cracked. I have a feeling that it's running on borrowed time so I'm looking at replacments.

I'm not sure I need a whole system with the blender thingy, a bunch of containers, 2 blades and the tops. I think a small blender might be just fine. I mainly blend either small dips or a protein shake for myself. Anything bigger, like pesto, I use my chopper.

What do you all have, and hpow do you like it ?

thank

I just use my stick blender for small jobs. I have several stainless "malt/milkshake" cups that it fits into nicely.

Heck no! That's what a coffee grinder is for. Just don't grind coffee with it again! I've tasted pepper-oregano-mustard coffee, and it ain't pretty.

Heck no! That's what a coffee grinder is for. Just don't grind coffee with it again! I've tasted pepper-oregano-mustard coffee, and it ain't pretty.
I kept looking for a cheap whirly blade coffee grinder, and then the Magic Bullet was going for ~$50 at Costco, so I got that. My sister loves her Magic Bullet.

taxlady said:
I kept looking for a cheap whirly blade coffee grinder, and then the Magic Bullet was going for ~$50 at Costco, so I got that. My sister loves her Magic Bullet.

I've been toying with getting one, but I already have so many gadgets, and such limited space.

I have an inexpensive coffee grinder for spices and a Burr grinder for coffee. I don't get them mixed up.

I love the immersion blender, I use it for so many things.

I've been toying with getting one, but I already have so many gadgets, and such limited space.
As I wrote before, it's okay. I can still smell the black pepper on one of the blade/bottom thingees. It can take a long time to grind the spices nice and fine.

The blender is too small to be of much use, especially if you have an immersion blender. Pro: it's easy to clean. Everything except the bottoms can go on the top shelf of the dishwasher (well, the blender is too tall for the top shelf of my dishwasher). The only reason not to put the bottoms in the dishwasher is that the gaskets wear out quicker that way.

I keep all the parts in the box it came in and keep that on a shelf, up high, in my kitchen. It does take up space.

I have noticed that many kitchen appliances show up in garage sales in the April to June season - people go 'em for Christmas and haven't used them more than once or twice, so they are getting rid of them. Rather than trying to find one blender/chopper to do everything, you may want to spend a couple of Saturday mornings going garage saleing and see what you can come up with.

Here's another vote for the stick/immersion blender, especially if you mostly use it for smoothies. It's also great for using right in the pot for cream of broccoli soup for example.

I wouldn't be without my stick blender.

Last edited:
I have an inexpensive coffee grinder for spices and a Burr grinder for coffee. I don't get them mixed up.

I love the immersion blender, I use it for so many things.
My coffee pot does the grinding and I have ti coffee grinders, I use these for herbs and spices and one is kept for coffee if needed. Different colors help me not get them mixed up.
kades

Immersion blenders are great, but I'm not going to try to grind spices with it. :LOL:

I have a KA blade type coffee grinder with a very powerful motor and a removable, washable stainless steel grinding cup. It has never even seen coffee, I only use it for spices, nuts and seeds. Great for small amounts and does wet stuff, too.

I'd bet that if you ground some cinnimon sticks just before you ground your coffee, it wouldn't be bad at all!:rolleyes: I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer Dos Coladas!:ROFLMAO:

I have noticed that many kitchen appliances show up in garage sales in the April to June season - people go 'em for Christmas and haven't used them more than once or twice, so they are getting rid of them. Rather than trying to find one blender/chopper to do everything, you may want to spend a couple of Saturday mornings going garage saleing and see what you can come up with.
I've picked up a lot of gadgets at garage sales or thrift stores. Many times, the gadgets have obviously been used rarely and often come with the instruction manuals, recipe book, etc. Got my ice cream maker (the one I like) for $4 at a thrift store on 1/2 price day. Got a 2-pie piemaker last week for $2 (with a manual and the accessories). You never know what you'll find. I got a pull-out kitchen garbage can, new, in its box, for $5 at a garage sale on Saturday. All I need to do is take the jigsaw and cut away about 1 inch of the shelf to make it fit. I have picked up bread machines for $5-10 at garage sales/thrift stores. The bread machines are still going strong--3 years later. I always plug in and test the gadget before I buy it.

Last edited:
kadesma said:
My coffee pot does the grinding and I have ti coffee grinders, I use these for herbs and spices and one is kept for coffee if needed. Different colors help me not get them mixed up.
kades

Me too. Two coffee grinders - one for spices, one for coffee beans. Love those things!

I know I just bought a Kenwood Chef Mixer with heaps of attachments for $150 off eBay, it was a gift 15 years ago she used it twice it is in brand new condition. I also got my electric pressure cooker for $20 off eBay.

Back
Top Bottom