Can a blender stand in for a food processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will work for your recipe...use the "pulse" function until you achieve desired consistency. Careful not to over blend.

Enjoy!

Yes your right!

Since a blender's motor and blades spin much faster, especially on high speeds (about 3,000 RPM or so), you could end up having mush, instead of finely chopped pieces,

Whereas the food processor's motor and blade spin slower (about 1,725 RPM or so).

Another possible tool to use might be the stick blender. In the supplied container or a bowl, THIS appliance might suffice well.

We don't have a food processor either and as a result, make pesto all the time in our blender. Both Uncle Bob and Corey are right, if you over blend, you'll get a very smooth pesto - but still very tastey. If I want to use it as a spread or if I'm freezing it, I do blend it smooth - just personal preference.

I use my blender often in place of the food processor.... the dang thing is heavy to lug out clean and put away. Where as the blender, I just dump in the dishwasher.

As already mentioned just be careful. I will gladly pull out my food processor so I don't have to worry about the over-blending. I still dump everything into the dishwasher, just like people do their blender. No matter how careful, there's still some of whatever I am making that gets over-processed.

I use my blender often in place of the food processor.... the dang thing is heavy to lug out clean and put away. Where as the blender, I just dump in the dishwasher.

I do the same thing with the parts from the food processor.

But I most often wash the parts by hand, towel dry them and put them back on the machine, since I keep it out in it's permenant spot.

And yes Sattie, they DO way a ton! Hence the spot to keep it in for convenience.

Back
Top Bottom