Cappuccino Makers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjx

Assistant Cook
My girlfriend wants a cappuccino maker and I am here to see who @ DC has a cappuccino maker, and what you think about it.

I was looking on google and found these ...

http://www.bialettishop.com/BW/Video/MukkaMovieLibrary1.htm
^^ The above is a video demonstration of this cappuccino maker, the Mukka Express by Bialetti.

The Mukka Express looks really convenient in that demo imo. It is compact, easy to use, looks like it produces a yummy result, plus its under $100. BUT thats not how cappuccino is supposed to look is it? I'm not really a coffee drinker, so i'm not one to judge.

Then I found this site and their machines look much more professional as does the cappuccino, imo.

What do you all use? :chef:

I was given a Cappuccino Maker from an old boyfriend. He bought it from Williams Sonoma and the few times that I used it I really enjoyed it. I believe it cost anywhere between $200 and $400 and it came with tiny sealed cups filled with different blends. I know you can buy more of them because I saw them at Williams Sonoma.

Go on the Internet and put in Cappuccino Makers and you will see lots of them so you can decide which kind to get your girlfriend.

The Francis Francis got high marks on a knowledgeable cooking site I read. I think that is the name. It's on a little sale now at Sur La TAble.

I got a Mr. Coffee espresso maker for about $30 and it’s my favorite thing in the kitchen. My opinion is stay away from the expensive ones. I’ve used both and I like mine a lot more.

We bought a Gaggio from WS. For all the work, it was more fun to go out for one. I gave it to a neighbor who hasn't used it.

Gretchen said:
The Francis Francis got high marks on a knowledgeable cooking site I read. I think that is the name. It's on a little sale now at Sur La TAble.
I have a Francis Francis that has seen daily use making very good espresso for 6 or 7 years with no problems. I would definitely recommend it. I use the frothing function infrequently, but it, too, has always worked well.

Back
Top Bottom