Cleaning Glass on Inside of Oven Door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Essiebunny

Senior Cook
What can I use to clean the inside? I just did chicken halves on convection roast and the door is splattered with grease.

The manual with my stove says never to use oven cleaner or strong and abrasive cleansers, but it doesn't give suggestions as what to use.

i put vinegar in a large measuring cup and run the microwave. three to five min or to the boil. you want everything to steam up. let sit for about three:dry::dry: min and u will be able to wipe it off.

babe:dry:

I'll Try Hot Vinegar

My oven is the same - forbidden to use oven cleaner on anything but racks if you remove them.

I'm liking the vinegar in the mw idea - cleans filthy mw and then try (CAREFULLY) to use in the oven. I'll try it.;)

I've used steaming hot water and vinegar cold fo the same problem, if I stayed after it for weeks at a time I might have made progress. It's tough to clean the glass.

Sometimes something as simple as Windex or Murphy Oil Soap and a paper towel will do the job. If that doesn't clean it all - then I might bump up to a paste of water and Barkeeper's Friend and a green scrubbie. When all else fails - there is always the "self cleaning" cycle.

I will have to try the hot vinegar in the microwave, when I get a new micro LOL.
We use oven cleaners on our oven, I don't think it said not to and its not a fancy type, and it works well for us.
That is interesting that you can't use oven cleaner in the oven, wonder why?

I will have to try the hot vinegar in the microwave, when I get a new micro LOL.
We use oven cleaners on our oven, I don't think it said not to and its not a fancy type, and it works well for us.
That is interesting that you can't use oven cleaner in the oven, wonder why?

it really works for me, though i do take stone carousel out and spray oven cleaner on that is it is really bad.

my oven is self - cleaning, need to do that soon.

babe

DW thinks ours is technically a self cleaning oven, I have never seen it clean itself before though. Just went out and asked it to clean itself, no answer. Rude stove.

If it is self cleaning, how do you do it? And how do you know if it is a self cleaning oven?

DW thinks ours is technically a self cleaning oven, I have never seen it clean itself before though. Just went out and asked it to clean itself, no answer. Rude stove.

If it is self cleaning, how do you do it? And how do you know if it is a self cleaning oven?

Look for a button or knob that is labeled CLEAN or SELF CLEAN. Press it.

Some stoves also have a handle at the top of the oven door that you use to lock the door during cleaning.

Just a comment.

I have had several stoves with self cleaning ovens, both gas and electric. They never get the glass window in the door clean.

No button or knob, guess it isn't self cleaning. I had a hunch it wasn't, we bought a good one but the cheapest in their line. Works great and all, just a basic gas stove.
So I guess for now it stays a 'DW cleaning' stove, LOL.

Our GE electric oven has a double glass door and it is impossible to clean in between the glass where grease has been accumulating. I'm not happy about that at all, lousy design IMO. Otherwise the oven has been great.

Around here, we have a product called "Mean Green" that's sold at the Dollar Stores that will clean the grease off. Just spray it on the glass and let it set a few minutes. Scrub with a brush and watch the grease melt off. It's great stuff. Other discount stores have other assorted "Green" cleaners that will do it, too. Or go for the very expensive "409"...it's basically the same thing.

I emailed the manufacturer of my stove and was told to use only warm water with vinegar on the inside glass. Vinegar seems to be the answer to a lot of things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom