Coil electric stove help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daniellecharmaine

Assistant Cook
First off let me start off my saying that i hate my stove. I live in an apt. and we have the coil electric stoves. Does anyone have any suggestions of helping my clean it because i have tried everything and it still is not coming as clean as I would like it to be.

Please and Thank you!!

First off let me start off my saying that i hate my stove. I live in an apt. and we have the coil electric stoves. Does anyone have any suggestions of helping my clean it because i have tried everything and it still is not coming as clean as I would like it to be.

Please and Thank you!!

I just complained about the stove until my landlord replaced it...by then only one burner worked and half the oven.:mad:

Please and Thank you!!

It's going to have to be elbow grease.

First, gently pull them out of your stove top and, using baking soda as a cleanser, scrub any burnt stuff or food that's left on the coils. Use soapy water. Note: be careful never to immerse any electrical connection to get wet.

I use baking power to clean any gunked up motorbike steel parts that I service. Baking powder acts as a really kewl cleanser, so there's no reason why it can't sort your stove's electric coils.

First, make a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit for 30 minutes, then scrub. That's going to be your elbow grease! Afterwards, be sure to rinse them thoroughly under the tap.

I'd say that unless those coils are scratched or, over time, worn, then there's no reason why they can't bull up nice and lovely and clean. After that, perhaps I should employ you as a garage hand. ;)

Last edited:
It's going to have to be elbow grease off when you heat the coils.

First, gently pull them out of your stove top and, using baking soda as a cleanser, scrub any burnt stuff or food that's left on the coils. Use soapy water. Note: be careful never to immerse any electrical connection to get wet.

I use baking power to clean any gunked up motorbike steel parts that I service. Baking powder acts as a really kewl cleanser, so there's no reason why it can't sort your stove's electric coils.

First, make a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit for 30 minutes, then scrub. That's going to be your elbow grease! Afterwards, be sure to rinse them thoroughly under the tap.

I'd say that unless those coils are scratched or, over time, worn, then there's no reason why they can't bull up nice and lovely and clean. After that, perhaps I should employ you as a garage hand. ;)

Usually the coils are self-cleaning. Anything on them burns off.

I also recommend using baking soda as a cleanser, but my method is a little different. I wet a cloth and ring it out. I want it damp, but not wet. Then I sprinkle baking soda on whatever I am trying to clean and rub with the cloth. Sometimes I use Scotch brand scrubbers for porcelain. Again, damp, not wet.
I even use baking soda to clean my stainless steel sink, but a little bit wet for that.

It would be helpful if you explained which part(s) of the stove you that are causing you a problem.

I wish I had a gas stove.

Last edited:
Which part needed cleaning? The drip pans? The stove top? Or the underside of the top?

As someone else said, the coils themselves are pretty much self cleaning, I never had to clean those when I lived in an apartment. The drip pans, if they are really bad, just chuck them and buy new ones, if you can. I would clean mine in the sink and when they would get too ugly I would replace them.

I miss my old coil stove for boiling, that thing could bring a pot to the boil like no other stove that I have used, gas or electric.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom