Convection Microwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
We just paid the deposit to start the remodel of the kitchen. We are doing a floor to ceiling gut and rebuild. We will be getting a microwave over the stove and I found a convection microwave that seems like a small convection oven with microwave as well.

Has anyone used such an appliance? Did it work well as a small extra oven? Is this idea more neat sounding and less functional?

Thank you

We just paid the deposit to start the remodel of the kitchen. We are doing a floor to ceiling gut and rebuild. We will be getting a microwave over the stove and I found a convection microwave that seems like a small convection oven with microwave as well.

Has anyone used such an appliance? Did it work well as a small extra oven? Is this idea more neat sounding and less functional?

Thank you
My aunt loved her convection microwave.

Does this convection / microwave oven also function as your fume hood?

It will be a vent hood as well.

WE have a kitchen the size of a postage stamp, getting the microwave off the counter is gonna be great.

I have a DACOR and love except for one thing. Its hard to clean. I cook for 2 mostly now and its nice to not have to fire up the big oven. It also allows you to use mixed mode - part heat and part microwave. Use that feature the most.

Thank you for the responses.

I assume roasting a chicken is more clean up than baking a pan of cornbread dressing.

I have a GE Profile Advantium the 240 model and it is the best appliance i have. I use it to microwave, Bake, Reheat very fast, toast if i want, and it is also a convection oven. We always use this it is fast and does a great job and it is an exhaust also.

Thank you

When we built the house 14 years ago I chose a GE Profile over the stove convection/microwave. I absolutely love it. If it died tomorrow I would purchase another to replace it. It cooks beautifully imho. We also live at the end of the power line and are the first to loose our power and the last to get it back so we sprung for a generator.. When we chose our generator circuits, I opted to put this appliance on it over the stove (I have a duel fuel - gas top electric oven) - much less draw when we are on generator power.

Good luck with the remodel!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom