Cooking popcorn on a ceramic stove top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artoo

Assistant Cook
I love stove top popcorn and can't stand microwave popcorn. I recently replaced my conventional stove with one that has a ceramic top and saw in the manual that you shouldn't cook popcorn with a ceramic top.

Is there some kind of gadget available that can cook popcorn on a ceramic stove top?

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned the only real way to pop corn is to use a Whirley Popper. I've had one for years and wouldn't trade it for anything. It takes hardly any oil to pop a whole pan full and there are usually only a few unpopped kernels. I saw one of these poppers at my area Goodwill store and snapped it up to give as a gift. I would think it would work perfectly well on your type of stove top.

Last edited:
No problem with cooking popcorn on my ceramic stovetop. Put some oil in a pan, a couple of kernels, when they pop, put the rest of the kernels in (to cover the bottom) and put the lid on. Don't need to shake either. When they stop popping, it's ready.

Last edited:
I have no idea why they would tell you not to cook popcorn on a ceramic top stove, that doesn't make sense. The only caution you should take is if you like to shake the pan while popping, you could scratch up the surface, but that's remedied by just lifting up slightly while doing the shaking.

Just make popcorn like you always have, you should be fine. I too dislike microwave popcorn in a bag, but I have this popper for the microwave and it is really awesome.

31Z16P95YJL._SX450_.jpg

It's made by nordicware and I got it at Target. Amazon has them too.
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-60120-Microwaver-Popcorn/dp/B00004W4UP/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I have no idea why they would tell you not to cook popcorn on a ceramic top stove, that doesn't make sense. The only caution you should take is if you like to shake the pan while popping, you could scratch up the surface, but that's remedied by just lifting up slightly while doing the shaking.

Just make popcorn like you always have, you should be fine. I too dislike microwave popcorn in a bag, but I have this popper for the microwave and it is really awesome.

31Z16P95YJL._SX450_.jpg

It's made by nordicware and I got it at Target. Amazon has them too.
Nordic Ware 60120 Microwaver Popcorn Popper 12 Cup: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

Used to have one of these. They work great!

Back
Top Bottom