Cooking with hot air...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingofmemphis

Assistant Cook
I'm familiar with the product called the "Jet Stream Oven", but i'm trying to find a product that came out years ago that was a skillet that cooked food with hot air. One of the examples on the infomercial showed them using this skillet to fry chicken without using any cooking oil. I can't remember the name of the product and i'm desperately wanting to know if i could find this somewhere because i want one. Please help...anyone with information on this, please email me. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
sherlock-google-95.gif

Google is your friend!

:mrgreen:

?????

I tried google for hours before posting the question. If you know some secret technique of some sort to find what i'm talking about, i would really appreciate the help.

I'm not trying to find the Jet Stream oven, i found that easily...the product i'm looking for is shaped like a regular skillet that comes up to like a flat top pyramid almost in the middle of it. The hot air circulates through that and cooks the food. Thanks for the replies everyone, but the Jet Stream oven isn't the correct product.

It's called a Turbocooker, I think. That odd infomertial woman named "Kathy" pitched it.

By the way, though ... it's impossible to "fry" anything without oil. You could cook it without oil -- with dry heat -- but that's not frying. You can do this already using your oven.

It's called a Turbocooker, I think. That odd infomertial woman named "Kathy" pitched it.

By the way, though ... it's impossible to "fry" anything without oil. You could cook it without oil -- with dry heat -- but that's not frying. You can do this already using your oven.

You mean Cathy Mitchell - The Queen of Useless Culinary Crap Infommercials?

Seem as though she is in just about every infommercial that has to do with culinary gadgets. haha!!:LOL:

Last edited:
I'm familiar with the product called the "Jet Stream Oven", but i'm trying to find a product that came out years ago that was a skillet that cooked food with hot air. One of the examples on the infomercial showed them using this skillet to fry chicken without using any cooking oil. I can't remember the name of the product and i'm desperately wanting to know if i could find this somewhere because i want one. Please help...anyone with information on this, please email me. Thank you.

Hi Kingofmemhis,

" was a skillet that cooked food with hot air."

Apologies, but I can`t resist it! That would be on an over-inflated chef, would it not?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards,
Archiduc

Google is still your friend: Turbo Cooker

I don't know who pitches the most useless culinary crap - Cathy Mitchelll or Chef Tony?

I'll admit that I DID buy a set of black plastic cooking utensils called Grip N' Flip, advertised by her in a commercial.

It works well for the most part. But that was all I bought from there.

Last edited:
In ALL of these, I feel that it is a complete waste of time even being on the air!

The sponsers of these rip-off programs seem to have nothing else better to do with their blasted time than to try to con people into buying their blasted ill-fated products and services!

Last edited:
So far I've only looked at the description at Amazon, but from what I can tell, it's a small expensive steamer. Or am I missing something?

OK, I found the infomercial on Youtube. Way too much BS! Apparently, if you shape the lid properly and use a vent, you can use steam to fry foods (without oil!). I would highly recommend avoiding this product.

not the turbo cooker

I looked at that product and it isn't that either...its only a one piece skillet that has a lid so i guess it would be two pieces. The skillet itself has some built in device that when placed on the stove the device circulates how air that somehow infuses and cooks your food. I know it all sounds weird and a little too good to be true but if i remember right they coated chicken with flour and cooked it (looked like fried chicken) and they cooked some frozen french fries in it also. I just can't remember the name of the product for some reason. I already looked on the as seen on tv website and its not there either. If i remember right it was black and red or simply red in color. Thanks for your help though everyone, i really appreciate it. If anyway can think of any other products, please let me know.:chef:

OK, I found the infomercial on Youtube. Way too much BS! Apparently, if you shape the lid properly and use a vent, you can use steam to fry foods (without oil!). I would highly recommend avoiding this product.

Those ill-fated products usually end up being sold in stores like Target, Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens and BB&B.

I've seen them there countless times!

I looked at that product and it isn't that either...its only a one piece skillet that has a lid so i guess it would be two pieces. The skillet itself has some built in device that when placed on the stove the device circulates how air that somehow infuses and cooks your food. I know it all sounds weird and a little too good to be true but if i remember right they coated chicken with flour and cooked it (looked like fried chicken) and they cooked some frozen french fries in it also. I just can't remember the name of the product for some reason. I already looked on the as seen on tv website and its not there either. If i remember right it was black and red or simply red in color. Thanks for your help though everyone, i really appreciate it. If anyway can think of any other products, please let me know.:chef:

That does sound interesting - and if YOU find it please come back and post. Also, we hope you come back anyway and hang out with us. And yes, I didn't do a very good job at reading your post....that's what I get for trying to work at "my other" job at the same time :blush:

Sorry but every time this thread is at the top I picture making dinner w/ my husband in the kitchen.....
ok I feel better now, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom