Describe your FANTASY KITCHEN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miss Elf...I like your kitchen and garden. The only thing I would add would be a huge Money tree in lthe back yard that produced a year round crop of $100 bills!

I'm pretty happy with the set-up I have now. I would like to add a 36" range and get the microwave off the counter. Micro-hood?

One thing I would like to do is have an area for the DW to do her baking. Like a kitchen next to a kitchen so she have her mixers and 'junk' at her disposal. It's tough when both of us are trying to cook at the same time.

:)I like all the ideas you guys have but while we are dreaming and since in dreams money is no object I would love to have a person to do the tedious prep work and that they clean up afterwards,I would pay them very well. :cool::cool:

OO OO OOOOOOOOO

I like that Kitchenelf!!!! Where did you get that? Was it terribly expensive? That is just what I need in the kitchen, maybe even 2 of them. :)

Gossie - are you talking about the steel rack? I do have two of them! :LOL: I got them at Sam's Club. They were somewhere around $80.00 each or so?

Gossie - are you talking about the steel rack? I do have two of them! :LOL: I got them at Sam's Club. They were somewhere around $80.00 each or so?

Yep, dem's the ones!!!!! Didn't think of that place, and GOOD PRICE!!! Present kitchen has NO SPACE for a pantry, and I need the extra room. Thank you so much .. :)

Yep, dem's the ones!!!!! Didn't think of that place, and GOOD PRICE!!! Present kitchen has NO SPACE for a pantry, and I need the extra room. Thank you so much .. :)
You can get them online from the manufacturer, Seville Classics, if you don't have a Sam's near you. The price is the same but you have to have at least $100.00 order for free shipping. I got mine from Sam's but ordered extra shelves for them from Seville.

Picture of cruvinet here. Sorry, I spelled it wrong. Each one of those "wands" gets placed into an open wine bottle and they pump nitrogen into the wine to keep them fresher for longer. Then you just pour through the tap. They certainly won't keep them forever but they stand a MUCH better shot at lasting 5-7 days or so.

Thanks, Kitchenelf, for the explanation! I just learned something new today!

Actually, I have my fantasy kitchen - when my wife an I bought our new home two years ago we decided to go all out on the kitchen because we love to cook and entertain.

Double convection ovens, plenty of counter space, island, double sinks, large fridge, lots of electrical outlets, pantry on the side, built-in microwave, gas stove top and it is all located to be central to the dining room, living room and deck.

Mines good for now... except for maybe some more counter space. OH and can I have it moved to Mexico please?

Our present kitchen is so pathetic I can't even describe it. We have plans to remodel it, but until the time and the $$$$$$$$$$$$ magically appears, we're stuck with it.

I've designed my ideal kitchen and that's what we'll create when the time comes. It includes double wall ovens, a large island with a big pot rack overhead. Large, deep sinks and a spacious pantry. I've allocated a nice big space in a large bay window area for the table. Our house sits on an acre and the bay window would look out onto the back yard, which is filled with huge shade trees. It's beautiful back there and I enjoy looking out to see the birds and other living things.

There will be plenty of counter space and ample cabinets to store all our cooking toys/tools.

When we redo the kitchen, we'll be destroying the current breakfast room that is adjacent to the dining room and family room. That space will be turned into a special downstairs bathroom and a butler's pantry.

As I said, just time and money.

I have to win the lotto to have my fantasy kitchen. I'm jealous of all of you. :)

I've always considered having a gas stove/oven and an electric stove/oven.
Big walk-in pantry, maybe even a walk-in freezer and/or refrigerator, would require a big house. LOL

I was able to build a really nice kitchen with fine equipment into my new home, but there were space limitations. Additoins I could not consider but would have liked are: 2 sink areas and disposal (not allowed in our township), 2 dishwashers, and as this is fantasy not reality, a walkout to a kitchen garden, and an additoinal cooktop with frenchtop. But seriously, I'm real happy with what I have, (altho a garbage disposal would be nice)

I've always considered having a gas stove/oven and an electric stove/oven.
Big walk-in pantry, maybe even a walk-in freezer and/or refrigerator, would require a big house. LOL

:ohmy: How could I have forgotten the walk-in refrigerator and freezer in my fantasy kitchen? Thanks for the reminder! :LOL:

I have to win the lotto to have my fantasy kitchen. I'm jealous of all of you. :)

It doesn't cost anything to describe it though! Fantasy doesn't require me to pay for that great view I have of the Mediterranean from my fantasy kitchen while overlooking my fantasy garden :cool:

It doesn't cost anything to describe it though! Fantasy doesn't require me to pay for that great view I have of the Mediterranean from my fantasy kitchen while overlooking my fantasy garden :cool:

But I want to make fantasy a reality someday. :) :)

Yea, I'm so far off of reality with my kitchen it's not even funny. I went all out on the fantasy!!! :rolleyes:

Yea, all out, but it was a mighty fine fantasy. We'll have coffee at your fantasy house, all day long. ROFL :)

Yea, all out, but it was a mighty fine fantasy. We'll have coffee at your fantasy house, all day long. ROFL :)
Will you serve tea as well? I'll bring the tea cakes. :chef: We can stroll through your beautiful fantasy garden with some nice classical music of some kind playing softly in the background! ;) I really want nice soft music piped to every room of my house, not just the garden. :rolleyes:

Lovestobake - how about if I have Andrea Bocelli singing in the garden - will that be ok? And yes, tea anytime you want it. On alternating days I'll have Il Divo there.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom