Did i buy the right fridge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
Hey guys and gals. I hope your thanksgiving holiday was wonderful. Well with this being black friday. I saw what i thought was a GREAT deal for stainless steel look refrigerator at lowes. It was advertised at 749 after 200 rebate. I was like wow i was wanting to compliment my kitchen for awhile and get rid of my standard refrigerator (not side by side) and get a stainless steel looking unit. I think i almost prefer stainless steel look over stainless because its easier to keep clean. Well i went to lowes to look at it and well i did like it. It had a lot of room (26cu feet) My current one is only 20.8. It had water/ice in the door. Ok there were some features missing from this that you get when you upgrade but im thinking the cost isn't worth it.

Ok what don't you get. You don't get the sliding shelves (my current fridge has this and i hardly ever use them). It doesn't come with the ice bin on the inside of the door when you open it. It just has a little shoot where the ice can go through. It doesn't come with a light to tell you when to change the water filter (which i also would like). It didn't have digital controls (which don't seem to be a big deal). So here is what it ended up costing me 892 + 70(tax) + 49(deivery) - 200(MIR) - 49(MIR free delivery). So pretty much it ended up costing me 692 + tax. I think think this is pretty much unheard of for a side by side stainless steel look fridge. What do you guys think? I really like the samsung unit but it was $1600. Since this was almost $1000 cheaper it was almost a no brainer for me. So what do you guys think? I made the right choice? I love to hear feedback on my decision. Be brutal if needed :).

Ok here is a link the fridge:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=225749-2251-FRS6LR5EM&lpage=none

ENERGY STAR® qualified
Smooth Silver Mist finish provides a stylish look, without the messy fingerprints
PureSource™ water filtration provides fresh, clean water
3 SpillSafe™ glass shelves help minimize spills
Gallon door storage provides flexibility for storing large containers
Clear dairy door and deli drawer
Humidity controlled crisper keep fruits and vegetables fresher for longer periods of time
4 fixed white freezer door bins
3 wire freezer shelves and 1 tall freezer basket for added storage convenience

Color:Stainless LookCapacity (Cu. Ft.):26.0Flush / Built-In Look:NoIce Maker:YesWater Dispenser:YesWater Filtration:YesDefrost Type:Frost-FreeDual Cooling:YesFresh Food Shelves:3Door Shelves:4Freezer Shelves:3Freezer Baskets/Bins:1Custom Door Kit Compatible:NoDepth, Including Handles (Inches):34-1/8Depth, Excluding Handles (Inches):31-3/4Depth, Less Door (Inches):28-1/2Height to Top of Case (Inches):68-1/4Height to Top of Door Hinge (Inches):69-3/8Width (Inches):36Energy Star Compliant:YesManufacturer's Warranty (Parts):Full 1 YearManufacturer's Warranty (Labor):Full 1 Year

Your stainless steel side by side refrigerator sounds great. If you haven't already bought it I think you should. The price sounds great and I think that if you open a Lowes Credit Card you have a year to pay it off.

Mine also has the stainless steel look doors with a black textured steel cabinet, but it a top-mount freezer Whirlpool model.

It's called Satina, which gives the look beauty and luscious luster of SS but is durable enough to take on daily cleaning with just a window cleaner and a paper towel!! I bought mine from Lowe's also, last spring!!

I think it was a very good deal because they hauled away the old fridge for nothing!!

Last edited:
That's a very handsome fridge. I think you got a good deal.

I bought the refrigerator of my dreams last year about this time. My husband, who was/is getting ready to retire, told me to get whatever I wanted. I consulted a friend who is an appliance repairman, to get his advice, and what I ended up with was an Amana stainless steel with a freezer drawer below. I have to open the freezer door to get to the ice, and the refrigerator door to get to the filtered water, but my friend said I'd have fewer problems that way. Besides, my space is limited, and I really don't have room for a big side-by-side.
I do have the sliding shelves, which are nice, but I really don't use them, and it has a special compartment for milk in the door, which is also nice, but that's somethibng I could do without.

It's a beautiful refrigerator, and I love it, but the thing cost over 2 grand, so, as I said, I think you got a heck of a deal!

That's a very handsome fridge. I think you got a good deal.

I bought the refrigerator of my dreams last year about this time. My husband, who was/is getting ready to retire, told me to get whatever I wanted. I consulted a friend who is an appliance repairman, to get his advice, and what I ended up with was an Amana stainless steel with a freezer drawer below. I have to open the freezer door to get to the ice, and the refrigerator door to get to the filtered water, but my friend said I'd have fewer problems that way. Besides, my space is limited, and I really don't have room for a big side-by-side.
I do have the sliding shelves, which are nice, but I really don't use them, and it has a special compartment for milk in the door, which is also nice, but that's something I could do without.

It's a beautiful refrigerator, and I love it, but the thing cost over 2 grand, so, as I said, I think you got a heck of a deal!

Back
Top Bottom