Does anybody know of an oven that is easy to clean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hueberttix

Cook
I am looking for something revolutionary in design, think the MIITO (https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ive-to-the-electric?ref=discovery&term=kettle), so I can easily clean the inside of it.

I appreciate rounded corners, but the designs always run into problems when at the rear where impossible to reach areas hide the burnt grime, or the fan grills which cannot be accessed without taking the entire machine apart.

Has any manufacturer designed an easy to clean oven?

hueberttix

Surprisingly, I haven't had to clean the two ovens in my range for 36 years! However, I don't cook any messy things in those ovens - only baked goods, and the like. However, I have an even older, countertop oven, that I cook the messy foods in, as well as most of my breads, and it has not needed cleaning, except the tray and shelves, because it is what they call a Continuous Cleaning Oven. The walls are coated with a porous, catalytic substance, which sort of "burns off" the greases as you cook. Here is a photo, showing the wall of the oven. You can see that air filter, showing that there was a lot of grease in there (I just wash that in the DW), yet the oven wall is as clean as when new! Some have this same color, but without the white specks.
Inside of continuous cleaning convection oven, from 1977 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

These used to be popular in the 70s and into the 80s, but then they switched over to self cleaning as the standard. However, there are still some out there, though I don't know if they are available in the UK. Something to look into.

Last edited:
hueberttix

Surprisingly, I haven't had to clean the two ovens in my range for 36 years! However, I don't cook any messy things in those ovens - only baked goods, and the like. However, I have an even older, countertop oven, that I cook the messy foods in, as well as most of my breads, and it has not needed cleaning, except the tray and shelves, because it is what they call a Continuous Cleaning Oven. The walls are coated with a porous, catalytic substance, which sort of "burns off" the greases as you cook. Here is a photo, showing the wall of the oven. You can see that air filter, showing that there was a lot of grease in there (I just wash that in the DW), yet the oven wall is as clean as when new! Some have this same color, but without the white specks.
Inside of continuous cleaning convection oven, from 1977 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

These used to be popular in the 70s and into the 80s, but then they switched over to self cleaning as the standard. However, there are still some out there, though I don't know if they are available in the UK. Something to look into.

I'm impressed.

I have a continuous clean toaster oven and I hate the continuous clean coating. It doesn't work nearly as well as Pepperhead's. But, I do cook meat in it. Mine has instructions to wipe the walls with a damp cloth or rag every once in a while. Well, the coating shreds any cloths or sponges, so I don't do that.

My sister and I bought a self cleaning oven for my mum's apartment in Copenhagen. It is a gas oven, so it isn't self-cleaning the same way as an electric oven is. You pour some water into a space in the floor of the oven and then you run a self clean steam cycle. Afterwards, the interior needs to be wiped. That seems to work quite well, if done regularly.

My sister and I bought a self cleaning oven for my mum's apartment in Copenhagen. It is a gas oven, so it isn't self-cleaning the same way as an electric oven is. You pour some water into a space in the floor of the oven and then you run a self clean steam cycle. Afterwards, the interior needs to be wiped. That seems to work quite well, if done regularly.
My gas oven doesn't clean that way. I turn on the self-cleaning function and it raises the heat to a really high temperature for several hours. It basically turns everything inside into carbon. After it cools down, I wipe it out with water. It doesn't use steam to clean.

My gas oven doesn't clean that way. I turn on the self-cleaning function and it raises the heat to a really high temperature for several hours. It basically turns everything inside into carbon. After it cools down, I wipe it out with water. It doesn't use steam to clean.

This was about 10 years ago. The "heat it high and char off the dirt" type wasn't available in Denmark for gas stoves at the time, or so we were told. I don't know if it is available now. I was thinking that it might be similar in the UK.

I just use the self-cleaning function on my oven and wipe it out the next day. It's worked great for over 10 years.

Ive had self-cleaning ovens for basically my whole adult life.

Im not sure you can easily find one that's not self cleaning in the US.

If I were you, Id see about their availability where you are.

Not a fan of self-cleaning oven cycles, and my oven doesn't have that feature, I want something that I clean wipe myself, which is difficult with ovens as they have holes.

I found the following portable solution that draws only 12V (from a car cigarette lighter, if cars still have them these days) reaching 60°C to 110°C, which is enough to not only warm up, but cook food, the downside being that it can take a couple of hours at those temperatures:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...c78-ba616030b420&pf_rd_r=ZM296GKG9PNETF7Y9BXC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom