Duel Fuel vs. All Gas Ranges (Viking/Wolf)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLO

Assistant Cook
Hi all. I'm in the process of making the decision as to what type of range to purchase when we commit to our kitchen remodel. We now have a 4 burner, duel oven(non-convection), all electric range that I have hated ever since the first time we looked at the house. I have always despised electric burners, still do, so it's obvious the burner selection on the new range will be gas. The question now is the fuel selection for the ovens.

The range itself will be a 60" model from either Wolf or Viking. I might also mention that whatever range is selected, due to the fact we live in a rural area, it will need to be converted for use with propane gas, not methane (NG).

Any advice on the pros and cons to electric vs. gas ovens in the high end ranges I mentioned would be much appreciated. I have had consistant success using both electric and gas ovens over the years and really dont mind using either. I guess what I'm looking for is something to tip the scales one way or the other using input from people whom have had experience with these types of ranges. Thank you!

The only plus an electric ring has over gas is when I have a long braise on, the heat of a gas ring concentrates in a small area so I use a diffuser. I use only gas, select the one with the biggest btu output from the burners and the hottest oven possible.

I have a Wolf dual fuel / convection. It is awesome. Simmer at 400 btu, blast at 15000 btu. The oven and broiler are spectacular. Customer service is second to none.

You may also want to check out BlueStar ranges.

There are pros and cons for gas vs. electric. Whichever you choose, you will be able to turn out good stuff.

Duel fuel is the way to go. Gas top and electric oven is the best combination you can possibly get. And if it is also a convection oven it is even better. I also would recomend to make sure it has self cleaning option.

FWIW, having tried most if not all the variables, the last few years we've opted for gas ranges and electric ovens, and we have Viking BTW.
Apologies if stating the obvious, but we chose electric ovens as they're much more consistent temp-wise.

Back
Top Bottom