Electric mixer question - to upgrade or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katewa

Assistant Cook
Hi interested in peoples opinions regarding planetary mixmasters. I have an old sunbeam twin beater mixmaster which is adequate but wondering if i upgrade to breville scraper mixer pro will i notice any significant improvement in ease of baking? cheers katewa

First, welcome to DC. A fun place to be.

The newer and more powerful mixers are cable of doing more tasks with less effort. I think you will be very happy with a new mixer. :angel:

Thanks all for your welcome and responses. Think i will save the $400 and quite possibly fewer calories to ingest!!

My sister loved hers. I wonder what her daughter did with it? :angel:

DH says we sold mine at a yard sale, but I don't remember that. I think it's in the attic. He convinced me to get the Kitchen Aid because there was something off with the control knob on the Oster. On the setting "1" it went extremely fast rather than slow, and on the highest setting, whatever number that was, it went extremely slow. But I was aware of that and adjusted for it. I loved the fact that I could put the blender, food processor, grinder attachments right on the main appliance, easily exchangeable, and I felt that it mixed more thoroughly than the Kitchen Aid.

Back
Top Bottom