First time with an Instant Pot device - Not good at all!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what brand is it, and what went wrong? Did the pressure not really get high enough, or what?

Last edited:
I got an Instant Pot back in November and everything I have made in it so far turned out just as advertised. As a retired technical writer, all I can suggest is RTFM!

I have to wonder the reason someone donated it to Goodwill...

We have donated many appliances over the years but, always made certain they were in good working order.. Not all people do that..

My IP is magic..

Ross

Sorry this happened, Katie.

Given all your previous successes at thrift stores, I guess you were due for a dud.

+1... Must be a huge disappointment.. I wish I had your eye for thrift purchasing, Katie.. I hope you don't allow this mishap turn you off to IP cooking..

Ross

Hey --

I'm a newb on this forum but an IP enthusiast. I've cooked 30+ different dishes in the IP over the last two years. I've received a "burn warning" from my IP twices. One was for a Chicken Mole Rojo dish with a thick sauce which included a bunch of dried peppers. The other was an all in one pasta dish. In both situations, I think there was too much of the fragile stuff in contact with the bottom. In both situations I was able to salvage the meal. the burning wasn't as bad as the pot made out.

I suggest "The Instant Pot Bible" and "Instant Pot Miracle" for a variety of delicious, reliable recipes. Don't give up because of a bad experience with a used product. :)

David

Back
Top Bottom