Food Processor Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukedixon

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I am a product design student at university in the UK and am currently doing a project looking at the design of food processors. I hope you don’t mind me posting on this forum but I wanted to gather some user opinions and thought this would be one of the best places to find knowledgeable people who are passionate about cooking.

I have a few questions and it would brilliant if you would be able to answer any you can:

1)Do you own a food processor?
IF YES: which one?
IF NO: is there a particular reason you don’t own one?

2)How often do you use your food processor?

3)What tasks do you use it for and why these specific tasks?

4)Are there any tasks your food processor is capable of but that you decide to do using another method and if so why?

5)Where do you store your food processor? (If you are able to attach a photo of it in its usual storage place that would be much appreciated)

6)Are there any aspects you particularly like/dislike about your specific food processor?

Thank you very much to anyone who is able to answer any of the questions - it will be a great help to my project. As I mentioned it is research for a university project and also all responses will be kept anonymous.

Luke

I just have a mini one, but it's not great. I'd like to have a big one, but they are too expensive for me right now. I had one, but wore it out. I liked it especially for pie dough and pasta dough. I didn't like the shredder because it made a mess, stuff flying out and not into the bowl. There are tasks that sometimes is easier to do without because of cleanup. Storage is another issue, kinda bulky.

I recently bought a viking. I reasons I choose this one is the size of the motor, warranty, it's heavy (I want something that feels durable and will not bounce all over the counter), name, and some of the features of the bowls.

Only drawback I have found is that we do not use it as much as we would because of the size of the throat. It is too skinny to put even half an onion down. So most slicing still happens on the old fashioned board. and the mixer seems to do more of the dough work still. So I would request a larger throat size if I had to change it, along with a more convenient way to store the accessories close by.

Food Processor Response

1)Do you own a food processor?
IF YES: which one? Black and Decker Power Pro II 500 Watt
IF NO: is there a particular reason you don’t own one?

2)How often do you use your food processor? Every 3 days.

3)What tasks do you use it for and why these specific tasks? I blend all my meals and prepare about 2 days worth for a total of about 4 meals a day.

4)Are there any tasks your food processor is capable of but that you decide to do using another method and if so why? My processor intructions siad that I should chop all the meat into 1 inch cubes before I process it, it'd be good if I could just dump a whole chicken breast in the chute and have it chop it up for me.

5)Where do you store your food processor? (If you are able to attach a photo of it in its usual storage place that would be much appreciated) Store on my microwave.

6)Are there any aspects you particularly like/dislike about your specific food processor? Being that I make 2 days worth of meals in about 1 hour I overheated my food processor. Some models have an overheat protection feature, that would have been nice to have. Black and Decker was nice and they sent me a new one, I have to send them the old though, not sure if I have to pay for shipping or not.

Back
Top Bottom