Food processor recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the best tool I own...and I believe Taxy has the same one. As you can see, it has several functions.

Cuisinart CSB-79 Hand Blender, Smartstick 2 Speed - Electrics - Kitchen - Macy's

I have a Cuisinart food processor that is almost never used, as I hate cleaning the thing and only use it if I have a huge job to do, witch isn't often as I only cook for two normally. There is nothing that it can do, that I can't do without it. Developing your knife skills is more important than a food processor in my opinion, especially if you have a limited budget/counter space.

Good idea! What do you use the stand mixer for that you couldn’t do with the Robot?

Creaming butter and sugar for cakes, cookie making, whipped cream, mostly baking activities. I also have the food grinder for the KA along with the pasta maker. I use the Robot Coupe for slicing large amounts of veggies and for grating large pieces of hard cheeses such as Parm or Romano. I have a slicer blade and the shredder one also. I also use it for cutting up cabbage for slaw.

But I prefer to bake than cook. :angel:

This is the best tool I own...and I believe Taxy has the same one. As you can see, it has several functions.

Cuisinart CSB-79 Hand Blender, Smartstick 2 Speed - Electrics - Kitchen - Macy's

I have a Cuisinart food processor that is almost never used, as I hate cleaning the thing and only use it if I have a huge job to do, witch isn't often as I only cook for two normally. There is nothing that it can do, that I can't do without it. Developing your knife skills is more important than a food processor in my opinion, especially if you have a limited budget/counter space.

This looks awesome, Kayelle. What do you use it for?

This looks awesome, Kayelle. What do you use it for?

Well, I use it for all kinds of things. The hand blender goes right into a pot for blending soups and sauces, or into the plastic beaker for smoothies, or other mixtures for blending. The stick comes apart to add to the top of the container for chopping..it does a great job on nuts for example. I've even made chicken liver pate' with the chopper attachment. The whisk whips cream or egg whites in the beaker better than anything I've ever used. It's all I need, except for my little hand mixer for the little baking I do.

Look for an immersion blender that has a twist -off end that can go in the dishwasher. Makes life a lot easier.

You also don't have to spend a lot. I bought my Braun (200 Watt motor and attachments I never use) at Costco for around $20-$25.

Well, I use it for all kinds of things. The hand blender goes right into a pot for blending soups and sauces, or into the plastic beaker for smoothies, or other mixtures for blending. The stick comes apart to add to the top of the container for chopping..it does a great job on nuts for example. I've even made chicken liver pate' with the chopper attachment. The whisk whips cream or egg whites in the beaker better than anything I've ever used. It's all I need, except for my little hand mixer for the little baking I do.

Wow this sounds really versatile. It might replace my blender, mini processor, and nut grinder! Can any of the parts be washed in the dishwasher, as Andy suggested?

Dang it, Kayelle. Much as I didn't need it, I went ahead and ordered the Cuisinart. I'm really excited about the whipping and chopping attachments, though I already have a perfectly good KA stick blender. I'll give my little Braun boat motor to a friend. Can't be a 3 stick blender family, a bit of overkill.

Dang it, Kayelle. Much as I didn't need it, I went ahead and ordered the Cuisinart. I'm really excited about the whipping and chopping attachments, though I already have a perfectly good KA stick blender. I'll give my little Braun boat motor to a friend. Can't be a 3 stick blender family, a bit of overkill.

I'm going to try it as well. Most of the reviews on Amazon were fantastic. I think this could replace my KitchenAid blender. I'll keep the KitchenAid mini processor to make nut butters.

I'm going to try it as well. Most of the reviews on Amazon were fantastic. I think this could replace my KitchenAid blender. I'll keep the KitchenAid mini processor to make nut butters.

Yes, Amazon's price was even cheaper.

:LOL:You continue to live up to your signature Dawg! You both are gonna love it. It's great quality stainless steel, not plastic like many are.

Yes, the bottom can go in the dishwasher, although I just blend up some soapy water, and rinse.

Last edited:
:LOL:You continue to live up to your signature Dawg! You both are gonna love it.

Yes, the bottom can go in the dishwasher, although I just blend up some soapy water, and rinse.

I'm going to get it at BB&B tomorrow with my 20% off coupon. So excited!!

Do you think it could be used to make mayonnaise?

You're so right Dawg! Something I have yet to do with it. :chef:

By the way, the whisk thingy does a nice job in a larger bowl, in addition to the provided container, for larger amounts of egg whites and whipped cream.

Good to know, K! Looking forward to playing with it!

You're so right Dawg! Something I have yet to do with it. :chef:

By the way, the whisk thingy does a nice job in a larger bowl, in addition to the provided container, for larger amounts of egg whites and whipped cream.

Is it battery operated or do you have to charge it?

Back
Top Bottom